Game test mode Naomi

PCB problems and fixes
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Game test mode Naomi

Post by geotrig »

I've turned on a cab finally :D :lolno:

And my brain is addled, I'm trying to get into the group test mode but it keeps reseting to the main test menu? Anyone any ideas
16299231441091023452253034255731.jpg
Have a feeling it might be the half arsed wiring loom/ box I did about 5+ish years ago :shifty:

No idea why the pics are sideways :eh:

2nd steering seems looser / a bit more vague,anyone know about servicing these, is it always the 5k pot that throughs things off or can the motor fade
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
geotrig
Potato!

Re: Game test mode Naomi

Post by geotrig »

/me glances wistfully @nem as he is bound to have taken a part an id ab or two :awe: :lol:

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

I wish I had an ID :( I've been looking for one for years.

Didn't you say in some other thread you're netbooting ID? I guess that could be the reason why you're not getting in to the game test menu. Try a different game image. Some of those decrypted images are wonky as hell. I had to go through three different F-Zero images before I found one that worked in an original cab (FZ.bin / CRC32: B567EF39).

As for the motor, there's a belt that turns the steering wheel. If that has slack, that could result in the steering feeling loose. I suggest you pull both steering wheels out and compare.
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

danm you nem !

unfortunately not a twin !! and i was being a lazy bugger last night too hot here at the moment !

I had left this machine alone for along time now , I could definitely get into the games test menu before when netbooting so just found it strange and even loaded up multiple images. I'll route out the original credit board and original loom and see if that makes a difference ,I think I did make a mistake when I created this volume credit box thing, but it didn't really matter until now .

on the steering ,belt seems fine and tight and cogs all look ok and well greased,will take it apart anyway and clean and grease and reseat everything anyway .
I know going into the game test menu let you make adjusts on feedback intensity and you can also set offsets ,again its been too long since i did it any of this.

if all comes to all i'll hook back up the gd rom and see !

nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

I don't see how the loom could make any difference. If you can't access the game test, then there's something wrong with how the game is loaded in to the memory. Netboot a different ID?
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

yeah I'm only grasping really :P ,I did try 2 different images and it was the same.
I'm trying to remember when i bothered to access the game test menu last ,think I have a n1 somewhere as well that I might test to see if i can access.

nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

How odd!

Try netbooting some other Naomi game?
outrun2
eBay: thefonzzz
Initials: GAZ

Post by outrun2 »

Is the button double-pressing? Some of these old service buttons can kinda double-click so you might be in and out of the menu before you know it.

To rule out the loom and service panel buttons try using the buttons on the Naomi filter board.

Yes I know, I'm grasping too :awe:
Wanted:
Sega Model 3 Emergency Call Ambulance ROM board or complete Step 2 boardset.
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

Hooked back in the credit board and can access the game test menu ok now :oops: :palm: switch Is probably too sensitive on the box /switch thing I hooked up.
Set offsets one feedback to 9 so feels about right to me now :D

Edit : because of stupid spell check :problem:

nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

:lol:

Glad you figured it out!