My defective consolised MVS

PCB problems and fixes
BlackSpy
eBay: leetbuggy
Initials: JLM

My defective consolised MVS

Post by BlackSpy »

So I have a consolised one slot MVS. It's lovely, but the one player 'up' input doesn't register.

I've been all over it with a multimeter and I'm pretty sure that the fault lies in slot itself. That's a repair that is for the few, not the many I believe.

So before I write off the board and try and put in a new one I'd quite like to prove it back to the actual pins in the slot, but I can't find a pin out that explains it - does anyone have a link? The board itself looks like it's really good condition so I'm not spotting any obvious damage or general wear and tear.

Equally, if anyone can think of any other trouble shooting I could do or neat repair approach?

It's an MVS NEO-MVH MV1C if that is helpful to know.
BlackSpy

Re: My defective consolised MVS

Post by BlackSpy »

I was going to say something cutting about your inability to move on from Morrissey, but then I'm still stuck on MVS so I'll let that go.

How are you? I came across little note from you like last week in a copy of Street Fighter Third Strike.
thegreathopper
Geese's Bodyguard
eBay: thegreathopper
Initials: STV

Post by thegreathopper »

Long time.
BlackSpy

Post by BlackSpy »

kernow wrote: May 25th, 2021, 3:10 pm
BlackSpy wrote: May 25th, 2021, 2:46 pm I was going to say something cutting about your inability to move on from Morrissey, but then I'm still stuck on MVS so I'll let that go.

How are you? I came across little note from you like last week in a copy of Street Fighter Third Strike.
Aww! Not bad, how long has it been! Should catch up x
PM Sent!
BlackSpy

Post by BlackSpy »

... and back to my MVS, I remembered there is that input diagnostic tool onboard. It's not seeing the 'up' input. So it's probably not the slot I guess, but somewhere else on the board.