PCB problems and fixes
levellevelup
Banned
eBay: cafferohr
Initials: TTT

Dodonpachi EXPORT VERSION

Post by levellevelup »

Hi, can someone explain why a PCB of Dodonpachi is considered EXPORT VERSION,
when it still has the ATLUS logo printed on it and "Made in Japan" near JAMMA connector?

I spotted one difference though, the 2 ROMs are labeled with an extra "K" ie. "U26K" and "U27K"
instead of "U26" and "U27". I am guessing, this "K" stands for Korea?
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Re: Dodonpachi EXPORT VERSION

Post by zak »

levellevelup wrote: June 4th, 2020, 7:14 am Hi, can someone explain why a PCB of Dodonpachi is considered EXPORT VERSION,
when it still has the ATLUS logo printed on it and "Made in Japan" near JAMMA connector?

I spotted one difference though, the 2 ROMs are labeled with an extra "K" ie. "U26K" and "U27K"
instead of "U26" and "U27". I am guessing, this "K" stands for Korea?
What does the region warning screen say? That will give you the answer.
levellevelup
Banned
eBay: cafferohr
Initials: TTT

Post by levellevelup »

thanks zak, i think correct is: "k" on the EPROMS stands for Korea, it is the international version
with english language in-game and this PCB was for international distributing from Korea.
Someone correct me if im wrong.
peg
eBay: dnealey
Initials: PEG

Post by peg »

The "Korean" version is exactly the same as the Japanese PCB (has Atlus logo and serial number) except it uses English ROMs (which are marked with a "K" on them). It does NOT use the same PCB as the standard international/export version. I believe the ROMs on this version are 100% identical to the international release though, with no mention of Korea whatsoever.

Only the very high serial numbered boards are the "Korean" versions, and I estimate about 100 of them were made.