I've read loads on this topic and I've tried MANY things, but I keep coming up against a strange sporadic issue so I wanted to check with others.
- I have a Naomi 2 board which works fine in my Blast cab with a Capcom IO, taking power from the Capcom IO.
- It has a multi-bios and plays N2 boards like VF4 just fine.
- I have a Netdimm setup with a piforce loader, which I know is power hungry, so when using that, I've connected it and the Naomi 2 to a second Sun PSU.
- Sometimes it works without a problem, but not always!
- When it doesnt, sometimes I just get a black screen and when I try to load a game the Piforce it says cannot connect or cannot find.
- Sometimes when I get to the Naomi startup screen, I get error 22, i.e. cannot find the netdimm.
- I'm positive the problem is with the netdimm as it seems that's not powering on at times or not being recognised.
- What I dont know is whether the netdimm is faulty or is it still a power issue, despite using the 2 PSUs.