Capacitor trace pealing off PCB

PCB problems and fixes
RandomRetro
Please Continue...
eBay: carnick10
Initials: RNR

Capacitor trace pealing off PCB

Post by RandomRetro »

Connections are still solid so things work, but need to tack the trace down so the capacitor stays in place and doesn't cause more damage. Any recommendations on keeping the trace from pealing more of causing additional damage?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RandomRetro
Please Continue...

Re: Capacitor trace pealing off PCB

Post by RandomRetro »

Couple dots of Loctite clear 2-part expoxy, some deep breaths and we are stable and back up and playing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FreddyRindos
Please Continue...
eBay: FreddyRindos

Post by FreddyRindos »

Hi...I cannot recall my solder station brand but is a good quality hot air and desolder station. I believe I was running at 380C. It is a small trace but was still fighting to get enough heat in the trace, but I don't think increasing temp would have worked. It seemed the solder just did not want to flow into the copper. I am wondering if there is a fluid or other aid that can better prepare the copper or another combo that I could try?

order pcb
Last edited by FreddyRindos on March 26th, 2020, 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RandomRetro
Please Continue...

Post by RandomRetro »

FreddyRindos wrote: February 28th, 2020, 5:10 pm Hi...I cannot recall my solder station brand but is a good quality hot air and desolder station. I believe I was running at 380C. It is a small trace but was still fighting to get enough heat in the trace, but I don't think increasing temp would have worked. It seemed the solder just did not want to flow into the copper. I am wondering if there is a fluid or other aid that can better prepare the copper or another combo that I could try?
Sorry man. Not sure about that one. I haven’t done that with a trace. My repair was really about stabilizing the capacitor to stop and further damage. The trace is still not pinned down on the pcb.