NNC Coin Slot issue

PCB problems and fixes
gozaimas
eBay: yodamiffy
Initials: GOZ

NNC Coin Slot issue

Post by gozaimas »

Hey! I bought an NNC a couple of months ago and have been having a blast. To date I've set everything to freeplay, which means that I've only just noticed that the coin slot doesn't seem to be working.

When I trigged the coin entry, it doesn't register a credit. I hooked up a Naomi JVS test, and get the following reading (8000/ 8000), with no change when I trigger the 'credit' bar.
IMG_1361.jpeg
Inside the cab, there are two connectors I can seem to plug the coin slot into (see below). I've tried connecting to both plugs, but neither has any effect.

Any ideas what the issue might be?
IMG_1360.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gozaimas

Re: NNC Coin Slot issue

Post by gozaimas »

Any suggestions on what I might look at with this? It has me totally stumped. :(
DaveyD
eBay: Dr_Daph
Initials: DPD

Post by DaveyD »

Doesn't the nnc use a credit board in between the coin slot and JVS interface? I'm sure I've read in the past people have got around it with a resistor connected somewhere on the JVS board?
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

A resistor can be used in place of the coin counter.

Pin 45 on the 60 pin AMP RA connector is Coin SW1. You just need to connect one leg of the microswitch to that and the other to ground.
arcadista
Initials: AIL

Post by arcadista »

I'm late, nem is right.
A coin counter or nem's solution is needed.
gozaimas

Post by gozaimas »

Thanks guys -- ideally I'd like to keep the coin switch working etc. arcadista, there is a coin counter next to the coin bucket. Are you saying the issue might be that this isn't wired in properly? Will take a look this eve.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

gozaimas wrote: February 8th, 2019, 9:55 amAre you saying the issue might be that this isn't wired in properly?
Coin counter and coin input are totally separate. If you're handy with multimeter it's like a two minute job to figure out where the issue is. Look for continuity between pin 45 and the microswitch that's in your coin mech. Then repeat for ground.
gozaimas

Post by gozaimas »

Ah, got it sorted. Looked underneath the metal container in which the coin box sits and there were two cables that were unplugged from each other. Looks like the previous owner disconnected the coin counter, which I assume in an NNC then prevents the machine from registering a coin entry. Anyhow, it fixed the issue immediately, and now I can add credits. thanks for the pointers all.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

Huh! Well, that's new to me!

Good that you got it fixed.