Zero team doesn’t display health bars and such

PCB problems and fixes
Hrvat9
eBay: hrvaat

Zero team doesn’t display health bars and such

Post by Hrvat9 »

I got a zero team that runs perfect minus no health bad and timer and whatever else. Anyone have any idea where to start? and it’s the newer 1996 board without the battery. Also not sure why but the screen is really tall (you can see the characters box in the top left)and its missing a little bit to the right (black bar) but every other game I play on this cab is fine

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
candy: Sega New Astro City x2, Sega Versus City (sold)
Seeeegggggaaaaaa
nem
Needs a custom rank

Re: Zero team doesn’t display health bars and such

Post by nem »

It probably has some funky resolution and sync. Looking up pics of this online it looks like you're missing a lot on both the top and bottom. Why don't you first try adjusting the monitor? Scores and timer are probably just off screen. The remote for the width, height and position adjustments should be below the control panel.
TheCb
Please Continue...
eBay: mybiddingwar
Initials: tcb

Post by TheCb »

nem wrote: January 4th, 2019, 3:36 pm It probably has some funky resolution and sync. Looking up pics of this online it looks like you're missing a lot on both the top and bottom. Why don't you first try adjusting the monitor? Scores and timer are probably just off screen. The remote for the width, height and position adjustments should be below the control panel.
This
Hrvat9

Post by Hrvat9 »

Nope, no help. It doesn’t display at the beginning “Seibu presents”, timer , high scores etc. Like all the words are gone lol so weird. Here’s a boss fight picture , you can see the boss character box but no health
Seeeegggggaaaaaa
Hrvat9

Post by Hrvat9 »

Seeeegggggaaaaaa
JoeAwesome
eBay: joeawesome
Initials: JOE

Post by JoeAwesome »

I've got a Zero Team with this same issue as the OP (using a Raijin supergun). My board isn't an original ZT, though. I think it's a NZT or ZT2000. I'll pull it out of storage soon and try to take a picture.

I think the later versions of this board, much like the reports of later versions of other Seibu boards, have quality issues. I know I also have a SFX issue where they're muted or cut in and out.
JoeAwesome

Post by JoeAwesome »

Here's some pics from my board.

It's a New Zero Team, and you can see where the timer is cut off at the bottom, along with a sync issue showing the timer and life bars together. Looking online, the resolution is 320x256 as opposed to 320x240.

I didn't take a picture, unfortunately, but when I tried the board on a different monitor which could support 576i, everything was visible- timer, life bars, etc.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JoeAwesome

Post by JoeAwesome »

Picture of board
Hrvat9

Post by Hrvat9 »

JoeAwesome wrote: March 11th, 2019, 6:03 pm Here's some pics from my board.

It's a New Zero Team, and you can see where the timer is cut off at the bottom, along with a sync issue showing the timer and life bars together. Looking online, the resolution is 320x256 as opposed to 320x240.

I didn't take a picture, unfortunately, but when I tried the board on a different monitor which could support 576i, everything was visible- timer, life bars, etc.

Dam , so you think it’s a resolution problem? That’s weird that it wouldn’t display on a regular crt monitor though :s
Seeeegggggaaaaaa
JoeAwesome

Post by JoeAwesome »

Hrvat9 wrote: March 12th, 2019, 12:29 am
Dam , so you think it’s a resolution problem? That’s weird that it wouldn’t display on a regular crt monitor though :s
Yeah, the monitor needs to be able to display the wonky refresh rate and resolution. Maybe messing with my CRT for vert would help this, but I'm not optimistic.

I'll also add the first monitor (with pics) was outputting through composite from my supergun, while the monitor that could display everything via 576i was through RGB.