Battle Bakraid PCB issue

PCB problems and fixes
suicider
Please Continue...
eBay: suicidekiller

Battle Bakraid PCB issue

Post by suicider »

Since today my Bakraid PCB is acting weird. It's just a minor issue but it is bugging me nonetheless. The 8ing logo, the countdown timer and the Game Over graphics are weird in color. See here:
Rest of the game is totally fine and all tests are passed. However, I wonder how this can occur. It wasn't there before. I would have noticed at least by the pink 8ing logo.

So far I've checked the PCB for damage but it looks ok. Cleaned the JAMMA edge with a glass fibre pen and shrugged of a lot of black. But no help. Any idea where this might come from?
Catzoo
Please Continue...
Re: Battle Bakraid PCB issue

Post by Catzoo »

This has probably nothing to do with the jamma edge, at least that's something i can be sure of.

My guess here is that there's some slightly defective ram or related IC on your board, probably starting from color palette, but it may be many other things.

Long story short : your boards probably needs service
suicider
Please Continue...
eBay: suicidekiller

Re: Battle Bakraid PCB issue

Post by suicider »

Yeah looks like it unfortunately :(

At least the game is completely playable and it's not a major defect. But still...

Oh and I just noticed when booting up the PCB the 8ing logo is fine at first but starts flickering and changing to pink after about 30 seconds on the title screen. So I would guess it might be a voltage related problem, a damaged capacitor or something. But then again I have no real clue.