Sega Model 3 resolution

PCB problems and fixes
leonardoliveira
Please Continue...
Initials: leo

Re: Sega Model 3 resolution

Post by leonardoliveira »

There were no black bars or anything if it's what you're asking about. I just wanted it to work with a VGA monitor... It does have a VESA DB15 plug on the filter board and another at the video board, why would not these work with VGA frequencies? That was my line of thought when I messed around with it.
mufunyo
eBay: mufunyo
Initials: MUF

Post by mufunyo »

I wonder if the frame rates are lower when it's set to 31KHz mode.
lalilulelo
Please Continue...

Post by lalilulelo »

If I ever manage to get this working, I'll post back here so other Model 3 owners can benefit from it.
pulstar

Post by pulstar »

That'll be good. I did try on the weekend with the jumpers shown in this thread but no joy. Hopefully I'll get some more time at the weekend to take apart the PCB and test properly. It'll be good get some documentation on this if it can be done.
lalilulelo
Please Continue...

Post by lalilulelo »

pulstar wrote: October 3rd, 2018, 6:04 pm That'll be good. I did try on the weekend with the jumpers shown in this thread but no joy. Hopefully I'll get some more time at the weekend to take apart the PCB and test properly. It'll be good get some documentation on this if it can be done.
Did you try the jumpers next to the crystal labeled "TNC-2 OSC 33.000MHz"? It's on the CPU board underneath the ROM board. That's what I was planning on trying next.
pulstar

Post by pulstar »

Nope, haven't tried those yet. I'll get my PCB out of the cage this weekend and have a proper look if I get the chance and report back.
chacal
eBay: masacreman

Post by chacal »

Hi! :)

I tried the 2 proposed method but there was nothing that did not function black screen no switching the nothingness :ryu: .

On the other side you have to remove the battery CR2032 to reinitialize the game to restore the parameters otherwise it does not work :problem: :wtf: .
Kevindg86
Please Continue...
eBay: kevindg86

Post by Kevindg86 »

I have a VF3 in a blast running at 24khz and would love to get this up to 31khz, mainly because it looks no bueno in 24, so any more suggestions would be great.
lalilulelo
Please Continue...

Post by lalilulelo »

chacal wrote: February 6th, 2019, 6:41 pm Hi! :)

I tried the 2 proposed method but there was nothing that did not function black screen no switching the nothingness :ryu: .

On the other side you have to remove the battery CR2032 to reinitialize the game to restore the parameters otherwise it does not work :problem: :wtf: .
What type of display are you using? I had the idea that maybe the reason it wasn't working with my monitor is because it doesn't accept analog composite sync (I don't know if it does or not). If that's the case, then whatever monitor/display you're using may be the same.

It would be helpful if I had a device to let my see just the scan rate of the video output, but I don't have anything like that currently. My monitor has that capability, but if it's treating the sync incorrectly then it may be displaying the wrong numbers.
leonardoliveira
Please Continue...
Initials: leo

Post by leonardoliveira »

The monitor I had at the time I played around with the MODEL 3 jumpers was a Philips Brilliance 19' which support composite sync, H/V sync and even SoG. Maybe that is important, indeed.
chacal
eBay: masacreman

Post by chacal »

lalilulelo wrote: July 16th, 2019, 10:31 am
chacal wrote: February 6th, 2019, 6:41 pm Hi! :)

What type of display are you using? I had the idea that maybe the reason it wasn't working with my monitor is because it doesn't accept analog composite sync (I don't know if it does or not). If that's the case, then whatever monitor/display you're using may be the same.

It would be helpful if I had a device to let my see just the scan rate of the video output, but I don't have anything like that currently. My monitor has that capability, but if it's treating the sync incorrectly then it may be displaying the wrong numbers.
Toshiba D29C051 - NewNetCity :D