Places to find a good ROM Programmer?

PCB problems and fixes
Archina
Please Continue...
eBay: archina2255
Initials: ARC

Places to find a good ROM Programmer?

Post by Archina »

Hi! I'm currently on the lookout for a good programmer yet so far my searches have only come up with some """universal""" programmers (they aren't) and those Willem ones (from what I've seen they aren't the best things to have.) Right now my current projects include modding the BIOS chips on a SEGA Naomi, Dreamcast and Mega CD (MX 29LV160TMC-90 and M27C1024-10F1 chips), doing repair work on a Sony ZN-2 board (Unsure which chip(s) are faulty right now), getting a good dump of the ZN-2's 78081G503 chip (44 pin QFP), and finally It's a rough idea, yet I and another friend wish to create an on-hardware practice tool for Tetris the Absolute Grand Master 2 PLUS (Which would require dumping and modding the ROMs, then flashing new ones to replace them.)

Anyway, purposes aside, would anyone know where to look for a programmer that could handle such projects? Thanks for any help you can provide in advance! :D
invzim
eBay: prrole

Re: Places to find a good ROM Programmer?

Post by invzim »

I'm on my second Wellon/weilei programmer, and very happy with it, these guys:
http://www.weilei.com.cn/indere.htm

Software works great and have had no technical issues with it, I've got the VP-490. The version numbers can be a bit confusing, so do a bit of research. They can be found on ebay/ali etc.

Had a Willen GQ before, and had a lot of trouble with it.
I make and sell cool Arcade stuff, check out https://irkenlabs.com/ - In The Name of Science!
Archina
Please Continue...
eBay: archina2255
Initials: ARC

Re: Places to find a good ROM Programmer?

Post by Archina »

Yeah I spotted the Wellon programmers and they seemed like my best bet. It's just a pain to find a compatible one. Thanks for the info though!

EDIT: Decided to buy myself a Wellon VP299 plus a QFP44 to DIP40 adapter. Thanks again!