Cps2 us vs Asia b board

PCB problems and fixes
NoAffinity
eBay: noaffinity
Initials: CSG

Cps2 us vs Asia b board

Post by NoAffinity »

I've got 2 Asia a boards with no way to test. I've got a chewed up us b board that works but has had battery damage so I don't mind modding it. I've got a non working Asia b board with battery damage beyond repair. In order to test the asia a boards, I'd like to swap the one odd connector from the non working Asia. board to the working us b board. Any reason that can't work? Is the difference strictly that one connector, or will I also need to replace the program roms? Or, it just won't work due to other differences in the hardware between Asia b boards and us b boards?
pulstar

Re: Cps2 us vs Asia b board

Post by pulstar »

As far as I understand it the difference is strictly physical. I mean you can use Asia program ROMs on Green/Blue B boards with no problems so I wouldn't see why this would be a problem. It'll be a tedious job removing and replacing that connector. Good luck :D
NoAffinity
eBay: noaffinity
Initials: CSG

Re: Cps2 us vs Asia b board

Post by NoAffinity »

Cool, good news. I've done it once already on a connector with broken pins...before i realized it's possible to extract and replace single pins. :oops: Oh well, it was a learning experience. A bit tedious yes but man that hakko fr300 never stops paying for itself. :slowclap: