Ghosts n Goblins outputs no sound on Astro City

PCB problems and fixes
rugdoctor
Please Continue...
Initials: KLM

Re: Ghosts n Goblins outputs no sound on Astro City

Post by rugdoctor »

Just makes me sad how more than decent deals turns into crap. Hope common sense prevails
my website: http://kelvinsgamingheaven.blogspot.co.nz/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Post by zak »

Really thought he'd have sent it back by now. I hope your PayPal account gets sorted out soon.

If the board was broken, you'd have had it back by now. Sounds like someone just wants a half price game.
vasilas432
eBay: katzurak

Post by vasilas432 »

Guys I am happy to announce the the PayPal claim was closed by the buyer! I am sure he fixed his system or he tried the technique caius described about touching the audio amp and hear a buzzing noise. In this case he will troubleshoot further.

Good ending for both of us but he could grab the free opportunity and ask help from here to make his life in this hobby easier. I would like to believe he will not use PayPal dispute so easy in the future and I don’t want to think he wanted a half price board.

I am very happy the community of the site reacted this way in a matter like this. Thank you all
rugdoctor
Please Continue...
Initials: KLM

Post by rugdoctor »

:thumbup: 8-)
my website: http://kelvinsgamingheaven.blogspot.co.nz/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
madaxl77
Please Continue...
eBay: madaxl
Initials: Raf

Post by madaxl77 »

I could not send back, because for work reasons, I find myself abroad and I preferred to close the dispute.
madaxl77
Please Continue...

Post by madaxl77 »

Here I was, I was told that the problem was that my cab did not come out 12v. Made the measurement without pcb and with the pcb. Giving me two different values. Without pcb directly on the 12v connector, with the 8v pcb. What should not happen. Can anyone help me? Thank you
caius
eBay: private
Initials: FAB

Post by caius »

Replace the PSU with a normal arcade one like I did in my Astro City or try to repair the original one.Start with replacing electrolytic capacitors, If you don't solve figure out where +12V is generated.Write down the PCU revision silkscreening on PCB of and report it here so we can look for schematics of it.
geosnow
eBay: g3osnow

Post by geosnow »

I d like to point out that I had a Ghost n Goblins and it worked not properly on my SNK 18. I have sent it for repair (Caius) and the board was working flawlessly on this test unit. After returning the board it still was not booting properly. All my other games were working flawlessly on the cab.

Then I tested the board on a NNC and it worked perfectly.

I can tell that some cabs just do no work with every board. Well, it is not the cab, it is the power supply that causes the issue.
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Post by zak »

geosnow wrote:I d like to point out that I had a Ghost n Goblins and it worked not properly on my SNK 18. I have sent it for repair (Caius) and the board was working flawlessly on this test unit. After returning the board it still was not booting properly. All my other games were working flawlessly on the cab.

Then I tested the board on a NNC and it worked perfectly.

I can tell that some cabs just do no work with every board. Well, it is not the cab, it is the power supply that causes the issue.
:pointup: This.

I changed the PSU in one of my Egrets and it would not work with any SH3 PCBs.

https://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic ... 5A#p480391
madaxl77
Please Continue...

Post by madaxl77 »

OK, mi first step will be tochange the electrolytic capacitor of the psu. Thank you so much