Mega Drive RGB Cable Resistor questions

PCB problems and fixes
Chris

Mega Drive RGB Cable Resistor questions

Post by Chris »

k so... i "RGB modded" my ntsc mega drive by cutting leg 6 from the sony encoder. Yes, cats and dogs under the same roof :-o While the picture now is phenomenal, really never seen Mega Drive hardware outputting an RGB signal that clear, it also was too dark and washed out. So i removed the usual 75 ohm resistors from the scart plug. And now the pictures is just a bit too bright.

Question number1: in order to darken the picture just a little bit, what value resistors should i get?

Question2: do 220uf caps have any impact on brightness levels and or color clarity?

Thx in advance...
vasilas432
eBay: katzurak

Re: Mega Drive RGB Cable Resistor questions

Post by vasilas432 »

Really interesting mod but noone seems to know the resistor value you are asking. My Pal Megadrive has annoying jailbars when outputing RGB with c-sync
Hrvat9
eBay: hrvaat

Post by Hrvat9 »

My genesis 2 has the crappier chip, if I cut the leg also will it improve the picture ?
candy: Sega New Astro City x2, Sega Versus City (sold)
Seeeegggggaaaaaa
thegreathopper
Geese's Bodyguard
eBay: thegreathopper
Initials: STV

Post by thegreathopper »

Try 30 ohms in place of the 75, It’s trial and error.
vasilas432
eBay: katzurak

Post by vasilas432 »

I had the same issue with the Sigma Raijin RGB scart in the past but when tried resistors from 1 to 30 ohms, image was loosing detail and had some very bright pcbs like SFIII with severe colour bleed.

In my case those were pull down resistors though, so lessening resistance seemed to have the ground corrupt the image. I ended up with 75 ohms and had OSSC brightness levels and colour gains upped