Darkstalkers, lines in everything

PCB problems and fixes
Hrvat9
eBay: hrvaat

Darkstalkers, lines in everything

Post by Hrvat9 »

I got this darkstalkers locally , still on original battery never opened. It’s a Capcom converted board because under the darkstalkers label was a street fighter the new challengers label. I opened it and cleaned it out first then turned it on.
Had lines through the background and the characters are a mess. Then I removed and cleaned every chip on the board and it got worse :cry: I tried on two good working a boards

What do I do next ?

candy: Sega New Astro City x2, Sega Versus City (sold)
Seeeegggggaaaaaa
Hrvat9

Re: Darkstalkers, lines in everything

Post by Hrvat9 »

Update : after further testing I noticed that when I pulled chips 12,14,16,18,20 it made no difference at all if they were on the board or not.

I also pulled chips 5,6,7,8,10 with the same results , 8 being an exception because it reset the game every 5 seconds.
Seeeegggggaaaaaa
leonardoliveira
Please Continue...
Initials: leo

Post by leonardoliveira »

Chips 03-10 are program roms. Unrelated to graphics. Of course it will crash if you remove parts of the CPU program.

It's likely you have either a broken address line on the board for the graphics chipsets or the CGA (DL-1927) chip has become faulty.

CGA control graphics addresses and CGD control graphics data. (I'd presume these acronyms mean Character Generator Address and Character Generator Data, respectively)
Hrvat9

Post by Hrvat9 »

So I should be looking around the dl-1927 ? Maybe a trace if the chip hasn’t gone bad?
leonardoliveira wrote:Chips 03-10 are program roms. Unrelated to graphics. Of course it will crash if you remove parts of the CPU program.

It's likely you have either a broken address line on the board for the graphics chipsets or the CGA (DL-1927) chip has become faulty.

CGA control graphics addresses and CGD control graphics data. (I'd presume these acronyms mean Character Generator Address and Character Generator Data, respectively)
Seeeegggggaaaaaa
Hrvat9

Post by Hrvat9 »

No luck with anything that I’ve done. Anyone Have any ideas? CNt find any broken traces either
Seeeegggggaaaaaa
Hrvat9

Post by Hrvat9 »

No luck with this one at all
Seeeegggggaaaaaa