PlayChoice-10 to JAMMA

PCB problems and fixes
Sumez
Initials: SMZ

PlayChoice-10 to JAMMA

Post by Sumez »

I'm trying to run my dual-monitor PC10 PCB in my NAC cab, and I'm kinda stuck.

I've just confirmed that the board actually works, with the game booting up immediately in an original Nintendo cabinet, but when I try to hook it up in my NAC using my home built JAMMA adapter, nothing happens except the red light on the PCB turning on as you'd expect, and I've measured exactly 5.00 volts to the ground pins.

What I've done so far with my adapter is only wiring up the 5V and GND pins (according to everywhere, the 24V is not necessary), as well as every wire related to the lower monitor (R, G, B, sync and its own ground), nothing else (buttons, sound, etc.) is connected as it is, and since I've measured every GND and 5V pin on the PC10 connector, I've only connected pins 54, 55 and 56 (GND), as well as 16 and 18 (5V), and nothing on the flat cable pinout.

Obviously, I'm gonna need a video inverter PCB as well for a useful result, but right now I just want to see it working, but I can't tell what I'm missing. Are there some connections that, when missing, will prevent a PC10 board from booting up? Or am I missing something completely different?
I'd imagine I'd still get a picture without the invrter, only with wrong colors, but maybe that's where I'm wrong?

Ace`

Re: PlayChoice-10 to JAMMA

Post by Ace` »

Pure guess as I've never owned a pc10 motherboard but from looking at your pinout maybe the reset pin need to be wired up? what's it wired to in the cab?