help with saturn mgcd

PCB problems and fixes
charlie chong

help with saturn mgcd

Post by charlie chong »

i know mgcds are usually a pain to set up cos of the button/jamma loom issue but i'm not having any luck at all with this saturn mgcd i got. i only want to use it for shooters so didn't think i would run into any problems cos i only need 3 buttons but i can't get the controls to work or nothing..

all thats happening is i get a very dark saturn language selection screen and a beeping noise when i try to insert a credit but nowt else..

anyone know why or what pins i'd have to change with a jamma adaptor to get it to work???

i'm thinking mebbes it doesn't work with pal saturns or summat :cry:

Image this is all i'm seeing ..

i've tried on both my cabs but no joy on either

ta
ckong
Please Continue...

Re: help with saturn mgcd

Post by ckong »

I can't help you with this Saturn mgcd, but I made my own Saturn2jamma project. It's very simple to make, with low costs of parts. If you are interested, then follow the tutorial on this site. I did, and I have a very nice picture on my new astro city.

http://www.mameworld.net/pc2jamma/

Unfortunately, the site is down at the moment, but I guess this is just temporarily (happened before).
charlie chong

Post by charlie chong »

I already got the video part built and working for that.. im rubbish at hacking pads tho ..i killed 2 official saturn pads already :cry:

i built a jamma adaptor for the mgcd last night that rerouted pins 27 and 28 to pin 1 on the jamma edge ..still no joy at getting this doing anything other than beeping.. someone don't want me to play my saturn on the cab :|
dave010567
Please Continue...
eBay: dave010567

Post by dave010567 »

Not sure if it is the same with the Saturn mgcd as with the Dreamcast one but the first revison of them only worked with NTSC consoles but the second revsion worked with both NTSC & Pal, I have one on a pal Dreamcast & it works fine.

Dave