Type X2 Nesica question...

PCB problems and fixes
denson
eBay: chubba100

Type X2 Nesica question...

Post by denson »

Hi,

I've searched online for an answer to this, but cannot find any information.

What I want to know is; if you have a game downloaded/installed on a Type X2 motherboard from the Nesica live service, is that game playable when the system is disconnected from the network? (Is it stored in the system itself) or does it need to check for a connection to the servers in order to boot?

I ask this because I have a model 217A motherboard with Nesica hdd and dongle, which boots to a Nesica screen, and mentions something in Japanese about "I/O something something 402".

If there is nothing to be played on it, then I will look to replace the hdd with something else, but just thought I'd see if there was anything on there first :)

Thanks in advance for any comments :D
Shou
Location: Central Tokyo, Japan, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way
Initials: SHO

Re: Type X2 Nesica question...

Post by Shou »

No.
denson

Post by denson »

:lol: thanks
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

Might be worth imaging the old drive. If it has games, they're on there, they just can't be run without it being online.
denson

Post by denson »

I think I'll just remove it and replace with a different drive.. Ideally a multi, not that I have much time to play these days..

I won't wipe it or overwrite it though as it may have its uses in the future ;)
corey
Please Continue...

Post by corey »

hey thought i might expand on shou's no a little.

402 is an error because you dont have the required fast io plugged in. if you dont have this then chances are you dont have the RFID reader either which is also required. that will be the next error you see if you had the fast io.

if you have the io stuff handled next you will see it trying to contact the local server that is on location which in turns contacts taito for updates and what not it also authenticates with taitos servers which requires a contract with them and a vpn box on location as well.

if you were to pass this check you would have a working menu which is what mounts the encrypted imgs when you select a game.

now lets talk some hypotheticals. if you were to put an unencrypted files on a normal ttx2 you would still have issues as the games also require at minimum a fast io and then games that use online states need to have the RFID reader attached as well. also just running the main game exe might not be enough to get a game running either

Also as nem stated the drive might still be useful to some as it may have some data on there that could be useful for other things as well as older versions of games that my not have been archived yet
Eddierang
Please Continue...

Post by Eddierang »

I wanted to expand on this question, say if you had all of the components to connect to Nesica and you are in the US, what kind of speed do you need to run it smoothly? 1 Gbps?
Cycl0ne
Please Continue...

Post by Cycl0ne »

Eddierang wrote:I wanted to expand on this question, say if you had all of the components to connect to Nesica and you are in the US, what kind of speed do you need to run it smoothly? 1 Gbps?
dont think so, why should you need 1gbs? Its jsut authenticating, and if you are legal, then it starts up, no need for massive data to be transfered.
Eddierang
Please Continue...

Post by Eddierang »

I heard the reason for the speed is because of the games being accessed from Taito's cloud server, that they are not stored locally. If I'm wrong about how Nesica is set up let me know.
Asure
eBay: asure_nl

Post by Asure »

I would assume the games are stored on the local server, then distributed to the satelites as needed. Someone educate us pls :)
corey
Please Continue...

Post by corey »

Even having all the hardware doesnt get you online with mescia you need a contract with taito to log on to there network.

If you had that contract a speed requirment isnt really needed but faster would mean you get updates quicker. Some games are 20+ gb and an update is a complete redownload on the nesica platform.

The games are downloaded by the server first then the clients get the updates from the server. The server also handles the bookkeeping so taito knows how much to charge to op.

A super stable connection is by far more desirable sue to the stats server and the way it downloads updates