Issue with cps2

PCB problems and fixes
GillArcade
Please Continue...

Issue with cps2

Post by GillArcade »

Been having an issue with my CPS2 board for awhile now and out of ideas of how to troubleshoot it. street fighter 2 boots up fine, everything checks out, and looks great on the warning message or in service menu. but when you get into the game itself there is no sound (through Jamma or q sound) and the screen flashes bright white regardless of monitor, converter, etc. I've tried adjusting power supply, different converters, serval monitors (from new to crt), opening and cleaning both A and B boards, and putting boards together out of their cases. I haven't tried a different jamma harness or another A board because my town isn't the biggest on arcade stuff and most likely the only cps2 unit in town. any help would be wonderful
majors

Re: Issue with cps2

Post by majors »

No sound and video issues...I'd first say try another A-board. Is this your only game? Test mode color bars or grid also do not make the screen "flash"? Is the flash like blooming brightness? Does the flash relate to the on-screen graphics, like when a lot of brighter colors during the intro?

When you say "new" for the monitor you tested on, you mean an LCD?
Majors -=- Wedoca '18
GillArcade
Please Continue...

Post by GillArcade »

yes this is my only CPS2 game I own. for monitors I've tried CRT, LED, and LCD. no flashing in the test mode. flashing during intro and gameplay.
majors

Post by majors »

GillArcade wrote:... flashing during intro and gameplay.
Is a vid cap possible? But I'm still thinking it's the A-board...be a waste to troubleshoot other crap before swapping with a known working mobo. You have a volt meter?
Majors -=- Wedoca '18
GillArcade
Please Continue...

Post by GillArcade »

Yes I do