Sega JVS I/O type 1 issues

PCB problems and fixes
jkl
Please Continue...

Sega JVS I/O type 1 issues

Post by jkl »

Hi I can't figure out my problem...
I have 2x sega jvs type 1 i/o.
Both turn on, are recognized by naomi board that reads fw version and other data, but I can't get any key to work even in input test.
Wired a db15 port following ags pinout (joystick leds are turning on too)...
Powered with 5v AND 12v, even if I guess that without lamp out 12v are useless.
Used 2 different usb cables.
Same Naomi work flawlessy with jvs 2 jamma.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
andygeezer
Blue Skies Ahead
Initials: AGS

Re: Sega JVS I/O type 1 issues

Post by andygeezer »

Do a loop cable from pin 1 to pin 3 on the 60pin connector, otherwise inputs will not work.
Say hello to my little friend...
jkl
Please Continue...

Post by jkl »

Many many thanks Andy Geezer.
You helped me twice: on your site I found the pinouts of my boards and you gave me the solution for my issue with type 1.

Funny because I didn't receive notification of your answer here, but on another forum a guy called Mitsurugi-w told me what to do, saying that you were the source of the info... :)

Thanks again.

JKL

PS: Do you maybe know what dipswitches do on my JVS I/O type 2 and why Naomi 2 boots Initial D3 with it but then no control seems to work (same with jvs2jamma)?

PS2: In the past 6 months I wrote you three emails using the contact address on your site, but never get a reply. Am I too bad ofr your antispam?
thegreathopper
Geese's Bodyguard
eBay: thegreathopper
Initials: STV

Post by thegreathopper »

andygeezer wrote: December 12th, 2015, 8:48 am Do a loop cable from pin 1 to pin 3 on the 60pin connector, otherwise inputs will not work.

Just what I needed to know, this needs looping also on a version 3 Sega IO. Many thanks :D
Urabutbl
Please Continue...
eBay: urabutbl
Initials: _P_

Post by Urabutbl »

I have a G-Balance cab whose I/O sadly burnt itself out, and I'm trying to replace it with a Sega JVS I/O v3. While not a total newbie, I'm definitely not well versed in electronics - what is meant by a "loop cable"? Just a bit of cable connecting pin 1 and 3? Can't I just bridge the two pins in the socket using a bit of solder or something? If not, what would be the best way of doing this?

As it is, the cab recognizes the sega I/O (no longer the case with the GFI-card that came with the G-Balance), but none of the inputs (including test and service buttons) are doing anything. This sounds exactly like this issue, but I'm a bit worried of damaging my Sega I/O if I try something stupid.

Much obliged if anyone can help.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

Urabutbl wrote: June 17th, 2020, 5:51 pmwhat is meant by a "loop cable"? Just a bit of cable connecting pin 1 and 3?
That's right. You can bridge it on the solder side if you wanted to.