Daytona USA 2 Issue

PCB problems and fixes
Boomslangnz
Please Continue...
Daytona USA 2 Issue

Post by Boomslangnz »

Hi guys,

I posted here recently about a rom board issue with graphics not working correctly, new rom board turned up today and it solved my graphics issue! but I was having problems getting the networking to even look for each other, eventually I saw dust and fluff in the optical socket so blew it out etc and then the machines could see each other.

But, just as they are about to link and start up only player 2 (slave) goes in game and player 1 (master) sits in the rom startup screen (black with white writing etc), I saw the cpu board has led blinking on 14,13 and 12 but nothing on the others on player 1

I also cant seem to even get into test menu anymore on player 1 no matter what I try

any help here please
Last edited by Boomslangnz on November 28th, 2015, 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Asayuki
Please Continue...

Re: Daytona USA 2 Network Issue

Post by Asayuki »

Does the problem disappear if you disconnect the link cable?
My 15kHz cabinet Peplos will never power up, with any item, and I am quite proud of that.
Boomslangnz
Please Continue...
Re: Daytona USA 2 Network Issue

Post by Boomslangnz »

No.

If I remove all 4 network cables then Master just sits there never looking for network and I still cant go to test menu so I cant even try single etc

I should note that Player 2 was the one I replaced rom board on but Player 1 seems to have the issue now

as soon as I press test button those 3 leds start flashing, I don't know what they mean basically. Hopefully someone knows

outrun2
eBay: thefonzzz
Initials: GAZ

Re: Daytona USA 2 Issue

Post by outrun2 »

Glad the rom board arrived safely.

Have you checked to see that both cabs are running EXPORT version of the game?

With player 1 cab, have you tried pressing the test/service buttons on the actual board? (as opposed to the buttons in the coin tower). They're inside the cage near the security board if you don't know.

I've had some odd occasions when I can't enter test mode randomly - try reseating the CPU/VIDEO/ROM boards as this appeared to work for me.
Wanted:
Sega Model 3 Emergency Call Ambulance ROM board or complete Step 2 boardset.
Boomslangnz
Please Continue...

Post by Boomslangnz »

Yeah I tried reseating everything several times haha

I did see buttons around there but didn't wanna just start randomly pressing stuff but I'll give it a shot

They are both set to export

*edit* ok I just tried pressing those test buttons directly on cpu board, immediately starts those 3 red lights flashing again but after pressing a few times etc I got this screen coming up

Asayuki
Please Continue...

Post by Asayuki »

This really looks like a crash report screen. If the boards are compatible you could try swapping the rom board with one of the other cabinets to see if the problem moves along.
My 15kHz cabinet Peplos will never power up, with any item, and I am quite proud of that.
andygeezer
Blue Skies Ahead
Initials: AGS

Post by andygeezer »

Faulty cpu board would do this.
Say hello to my little friend...
Boomslangnz
Please Continue...

Post by Boomslangnz »

ive played around between boards

its not the cpu board, its the security board.

it looks fine, I cant see any problems at all at it, but swapping the security board over fixes the issue

properly a stupid question, what apart from the fact its from 1998 etc, what causes the security board to suddenly die or whatever?
Boomslangnz
Please Continue...

Post by Boomslangnz »

need to find a security board for sale I suppose