ghouls and ghosts Daimakaimura jump issue

PCB problems and fixes
tart31

ghouls and ghosts Daimakaimura jump issue

Post by tart31 »

Hey everyone. Just picked up a bootleg Daimakaimura board from here and on trying it in 4 cabs it gives me the same issue. Now before i smash the house up in a rage (I won't do this :oops: ) just seeing if anyone can help me. The issue seems to be that the jump button on player 1 and 2 seems to be stuck to on. The reason i think this is when starting the game the little start sequence cuts out as if a button has been pressed and then when starting the level he jumps? I've put a video up to explain what I mean.Not shown in the video but all other buttons seem fine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hh4v6sU2E4w

The things i have done so far are give the jamma edge a nice clean. Check for any bent pins on the board touching each other. And to be on the safe side I also checked the 5v on all cabs and they are spot on.

Heres also a picture of the blighter as well.

Any help will be very appreciated!

Thanks everyone :thumbup:
Asayuki
Please Continue...

Re: ghouls and ghosts Daimakaimura jump issue

Post by Asayuki »

Rage isn't really needed; boards off ebay are usually broken in some way. :)
Why not start the service mode? Most likely it will confirm your toughts. Usually this kind of issue is due to the input circuitry (buffer or latch) which typically sits near the Jamma edge. You could follow the trace from the jump pin of the jamma connector and replace whatever IC it is connected to. Last time I have seen this issue it was due to a shorted 1N4148 diode right at the pin on a Mysterious Stones board.
My 15kHz cabinet Peplos will never power up, with any item, and I am quite proud of that.
d123456
Please Continue...

Post by d123456 »

I had a similar issue with a Carrier Airwing pcb where player 1 always goes left. Really annoying. Damn boots. Try to resist buying boots.
original hardware > Emulation > boots
ninn
TheRedKnight's Lover
eBay: 8bitbitch

Post by ninn »

I have the issue on an original board too...

probably a broken 74LS chip or alike ...you can try to trace the button from the edge and replace the chips in order ... On one board I found bridged leg of a chip in that way.
Randy and Candy.
currently lazy. must not buy games!
tart31

Post by tart31 »

Thanks for all the suggestions lads :D