Daytona USA 2 BOTE Rom Issue

PCB problems and fixes
Boomslangnz
Please Continue...
Daytona USA 2 BOTE Rom Issue

Post by Boomslangnz »

Hey

Ive got an issue with my Daytona USA 2 which I thought was a video board issue where it gives terrible 3D graphics but 2D stuff looks fine. I swapped over my rom boards between 2 machines and found that fixes the problem

Is there anything I can do to potentially fix this or do I need to buy a new set of BOTE roms?
nem
Needs a custom rank

Re: Daytona USA 2 BOTE Rom Issue

Post by nem »

Try removing the roms, check for any corrosion or bent legs and reseat the roms.
outrun2
eBay: thefonzzz
Initials: GAZ

Post by outrun2 »

Have you tried swapping the rom board back over to the other set? Maybe it (or the video board) wasn't seated correctly in the first set but was in the second, hence it worked.

Maybe try swapping it back, making sure all interconnections are secure. Also make sure to add at least one pcb leg in each corner, plus the middle one as the video board can sag if not fitted.

If you're still convinced the problem is the rom board I may have a spare I could part with.
Wanted:
Sega Model 3 Emergency Call Ambulance ROM board or complete Step 2 boardset.
andygeezer
Blue Skies Ahead
Initials: AGS

Post by andygeezer »

Roms will be fine, your rom board is the issue.

Swapping roms from this to another step2 rom board will fix it.

You can swap a so called bad rom on your good rom board and you'll see its fine.

Common issue these days.
Say hello to my little friend...
Boomslangnz
Please Continue...

Post by Boomslangnz »

Thanks guys

I've sent you a pm Outrun

I did try reseating the roms used contact cleaner etc but still same issue and yes I swapped rom board over a few times to make sure

I'll try get a rom board to replace this and now I've ended up with a spare good working step 2 video board (which I thought was faulty).