Darksoft's CPS2 Multikit Tech Support Thread (No Killing B-Boards!)

PCB problems and fixes
Londoncalling
Please Continue...
Re: Darksoft's CPS2 Multikit Tech Support Thread (No F'ing Drama)

Post by Londoncalling »

emphatic wrote:If someone has made name-files for their rom folders, feel free to share to save time for the ones here who hasn't made them yet. :awe:
Here is the link from DARKSOFT. ;)

"Here is a small link with long filenames. Just unpack this in the directory "games" in your SD and you'll get longer names. You can do it yourself if you want, just place a file called NAME in any game directoty with a longer name and that's what you'll see in the LCD display."

http://www.mediafire.com/download/krgi3 ... _names.rar
ReplicaX
eBay: xreplica_x
Initials: REP

Post by ReplicaX »

Londoncalling wrote:Try reseating the boards again. And make sure all connections are firmly pressed together.
Thanks, but it wasn't a connection issue since the flash process itself failed immediately.

Confirmed microSD Card issue with:

SanDisk Ultra 16GB UHS-I/Class 10 Micro SDHC
SDSDQUAN-016G-G4A

Not to be confused with it's identical packaged and older version:
SDSDQUA-016G-G4A

Worked with my older SanDisk 2GB Class 4
Q GrandAm 25 | MKII | NNC | Vewlix L AMI | Medieval Madness RE
Arcade Tech since 1994
Paladin
Please Continue...
Initials: BAA

Post by Paladin »

I bought 2 kits, the first one I installed in a revision 7 B board and it's working perfectly.
I just got done installing the second kit in a revision 4 board, wire added to bottom of board from pin 9 of the pal to pin c13 on the connector and installed a G pal. Unfortunately I had messed up sound, seems like the wrong sounds and/or missing sounds. I found that I forgot to check the jumpers, so I fixed them thinking that was the issue per prior posts but the problem remains.

Things I've done:
Triple checked the jumpers on top and bottom of B board, they are correct.
Removed and reseated all multi boards.
Tried my revision 7 B board on the same A board to rule it out.
Tried a G pal that I burned as well as the one from the kit.
Tried the SD card from the working board.
Double checked the wire on the back of the board.

I read one post where someone removed the G pal and rewired his board for an F pal and it fixed his sound problems. I'll give that a shot if nobody has any other ideas.
MitsurugiW
Please Continue...
eBay: mitsurugi-w
Initials: JBW

Post by MitsurugiW »

Paladin wrote:I bought 2 kits, the first one I installed in a revision 7 B board and it's working perfectly.
I just got done installing the second kit in a revision 4 board, wire added to bottom of board from pin 9 of the pal to pin c13 on the connector and installed a G pal. Unfortunately I had messed up sound, seems like the wrong sounds and/or missing sounds. I found that I forgot to check the jumpers, so I fixed them thinking that was the issue per prior posts but the problem remains.

Things I've done:

I read one post where someone removed the G pal and rewired his board for an F pal and it fixed his sound problems. I'll give that a shot if nobody has any other ideas.
Try bending pin 9 of the G pal out of the socket and connect a wire from the pin to J17 on the main multi pcb. If your sound is still messed up you might have a jumper problem still. You can also swap multi kits between B-boards just to verify the kits themselves are working ok.
mrjamma
Please Continue...

Post by mrjamma »

Jumpers 10 and 12 tricked me. To the naked eye they Look like they arent connected but have a little factory bridge connection line rather than solder blob. I had to use a cutting knife to break the connection on these two
LorisBiaggi
Please Continue...
eBay: neominibox

Post by LorisBiaggi »

mrjamma wrote:Jumpers 10 and 12 tricked me. To the naked eye they Look like they arent connected but have a little factory bridge connection line rather than solder blob. I had to use a cutting knife to break the connection on these two
I think it's always better double check with a multimeter
----------- Neo Mini Box -----------
Zapf
Please Continue...

Post by Zapf »

Londoncalling wrote:
emphatic wrote:If someone has made name-files for their rom folders, feel free to share to save time for the ones here who hasn't made them yet. :awe:
Here is the link from DARKSOFT. ;)

"Here is a small link with long filenames. Just unpack this in the directory "games" in your SD and you'll get longer names. You can do it yourself if you want, just place a file called NAME in any game directoty with a longer name and that's what you'll see in the LCD display."

http://www.mediafire.com/download/krgi3 ... _names.rar
am i going crazy or do none of the folders in that rar match up with folders in the avalaunch rom pack
gojira54
Please Continue...

Post by gojira54 »

MitsurugiW wrote:
Paladin wrote:I bought 2 kits, the first one I installed in a revision 7 B board and it's working perfectly.

Things I've done:

Try bending pin 9 of the G pal out of the socket and connect a wire from the pin to J17 on the main multi pcb. If your sound is still messed up you might have a jumper problem still. You can also swap multi kits between B-boards just to verify the kits themselves are working ok.
I *had* a similar problem to this...
I have tried two kits on a 6 & 7 revision board with new G PAL, both work fine.
Put one of the kits on a rev 4 board with G PAL normally inserted, jumpers all correct and wired on the bottom of the board as shown - sound is wonky.
Removed the jump wire from the bottom of the board then tried a F PAL with leg 7 lifted & wired to J17 - sound is wonky.
Using the G PAL with pin 9 lifted and wired to J17 has solved this problem on the rev 4 board - thanks =]
Paladin
Please Continue...
Initials: BAA

Post by Paladin »

gojira54 wrote:
MitsurugiW wrote:

Things I've done:

I *had* a similar problem to this...
I have tried two kits on a 6 & 7 revision board with new G PAL, both work fine.
Put one of the kits on a rev 4 board with G PAL normally inserted, jumpers all correct and wired on the bottom of the board as shown - sound is wonky.
Removed the jump wire from the bottom of the board then tried a F PAL with leg 7 lifted & wired to J17 - sound is wonky.
Using the G PAL with pin 9 lifted and wired to J17 has solved this problem on the rev 4 board - thanks =]
We have a winner!
First I tried leaving the jumper wire under the board, bending pin 9 of the PAL out of the socket and jumpering it to J17 on the multi kit but I still had the same messed up sound.
Next I removed the jumper wire from under the board but left the jumper on top from pin 9 to J17, and it fixed the sound issue.

Not sure what the root cause was but its happy now, and so am I!
zebow2002
Please Continue...

Post by zebow2002 »

Feedback time :awe:

Got my multi and installed it on a phoenixed Grey Asia Gigawing.

I noticed that jumper 1 on JP5 isn't the same as was told in the installation video. Not a big problem.

I installed the interconnector the wrong way initialy :roll: so had to fix that.

After pushing down really really really hard on the pcb it worked.

But... it had graphics glitches, check everything and everything was fine.

In the meanwhile Darksoft was super helpfull through email, tnx for the support and tips.

In the end I used my Marvel vs Capcom USA board and it worked first time. I also restored my Gigawing to it's original condition and it was also fine.

Perhaps there are issues with different regions, no idea, just wanted to share my findings.

greetings from belgium!!!

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0u1Qx8r0jM
mastercello
eBay: mastercello
Initials: BUS

Post by mastercello »

After a longer holiday and some busy days when back home, I finally had time to install this piece of awesomeness.

Very nice piece of work and working perfectly. :D
Only downsize is the naming convention, it makes it rather difficult to select the right game sometimes.
funkycochise
Please Continue...
Initials: FKY

Post by funkycochise »

mastercello wrote:After a longer holiday and some busy days when back home, I finally had time to install this piece of awesomeness.

Very nice piece of work and working perfectly. :D
Only downsize is the naming convention, it makes it rather difficult to select the right game sometimes.
thank the name file allowing you to solve that.
I did it in all folders, took time to complete, but now it's perfect : customized in accordance to my wish.
mastercello

Post by mastercello »

Yeah I know, but the file from darksoft doesn't match the folder structure of the avalaunch set.
So as you told, it needs some manual work done to adjust the NAME files.
funkycochise
Please Continue...
Initials: FKY

Post by funkycochise »

mastercello wrote:Yeah I know, but the file from darksoft doesn't match the folder structure of the avalaunch set.
So as you told, it needs some manual work done to adjust the NAME files.
I can share what I did if you want...
mastercello

Post by mastercello »

That would be awesome! :-)
emphatic
Breastfeeds when required
eBay: jorgen_sjolander
Initials: JOR

Post by emphatic »

mastercello wrote:That would be awesome! :-)
+1
Londoncalling
Please Continue...

Post by Londoncalling »

Still waiting patiently for batch # 2 to be sent out. :(
ReplicaX
eBay: xreplica_x
Initials: REP

Re: Darksoft's CPS2 Multikit Tech Support Thread (No Killing B-Boards!)

Post by ReplicaX »

SanDisk 8GB Class 4 Micro SDHC
SDSDQ-008G

Works perfectly.
Q GrandAm 25 | MKII | NNC | Vewlix L AMI | Medieval Madness RE
Arcade Tech since 1994
HarumaN
Please Continue...
eBay: haruman78
Initials: LEE

Post by HarumaN »

Got on hands on a suicided Xmen COTA board... now just have to wait on the kit to show up.

It's a revision 3 board, with an F-pal... gotta figure out what I need to do to prep it.
Need hacked controllers? Click below!
http://goo.gl/c6U3k

Looking for bartop or stand-alone controller kits?
http://www.harumancustoms.com/
undamned
Please Continue...
eBay: undamned
Initials: UND

Post by undamned »

Kit is installed and running, but I don't want to take photos because at this point there's nothing unique about my setup. When I have the case done up, I'll do some showing off :D
-ud
"Sin and death's got the whole world gettin' illa, but I praise God for the Blood Spilla."