Some advice on a Hikaru machine.

PCB problems and fixes
thechop
Not as old as Ralph

Re: Some advice on a Hikaru machine.

Post by thechop »

replica101 wrote:Cheers thechop. Although I think mine is the cheapo version without force feedback :-|
No way :wtf:
kernow wrote:
Cmon chop I wanna see your manly bricklayer arms.
replica101
Please Continue...
Initials: PJC

Post by replica101 »

Well it turns out that the problem is with the brake pedal. In the settings, it is showing as being slightly pressed, and when I press the pedal there is no reaction. I've tried all the settings from -40 to +40 but it doesn't move. All of which would explain the acceleration problem - if I'm basically braking a little bit the whole time. I'm hoping that when I open up the machine this weekend and take a look at the pedal, te answer will be something obvious - but anyone got any ideas in case it isn't so obvious? Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
thechop
Not as old as Ralph

Post by thechop »

replica101 wrote:Well it turns out that the problem is with the brake pedal. In the settings, it is showing as being slightly pressed, and when I press the pedal there is no reaction. I've tried all the settings from -40 to +40 but it doesn't move. All of which would explain the acceleration problem - if I'm basically braking a little bit the whole time. I'm hoping that when I open up the machine this weekend and take a look at the pedal, te answer will be something obvious - but anyone got any ideas in case it isn't so obvious? Thanks.

Just disconnect the brake pedal..who needs them? :lol:
kernow wrote:
thechop
Not as old as Ralph

Post by thechop »

Might just need the pot replacing or maybe a wire has become disconnected from it so a little solder job perhaps.
kernow wrote:
replica101
Please Continue...

Post by replica101 »

That's what I'm hoping. I'll check it out at the weekend!
replica101
Please Continue...

Post by replica101 »

Happy to report that the brake pedal now works :) There were some bolts that were quite loose around the brake pedal mechanism - there is a gear that turns when the pedals is pressed and this was rather loose. I tightened these up and also went around the rest of the area making sure that everything was well seated, and it seems to have done the trick. Result! I think the gear stick might have a bit of a problem (1st and 2nd gear register as 3rd and 4th gear) so that's the next thing.

Reading over the previous post about force feedback made me think that my arcade probably should have that too - I always assumed that my "standard" version of the arcade just didn't have force feedback capability, but under the test setting there is an option to test the FF. So I guess that's just one more little thing that isn't working - not a huge deal as I actually find FF quite annoying, but if anyone has an idea on what the possible cause could be?

Thanks again everyone - happy Easter!
ReplicaX
eBay: xreplica_x
Initials: REP

Post by ReplicaX »

This Replica is by no means affiliated with the true Replica that is of the X. Any rebroadcast, reproduction, or other use of media and accounts of the one true Replica that is of the X without the express written consent of the One that is True is prohibited. :P
Q GrandAm 25 | MKII | NNC | Vewlix L AMI | Medieval Madness RE
Arcade Tech since 1994
replica101
Please Continue...

Post by replica101 »

Agreed. I'm just a replica Replica, or a Replica replica :)
Shou
Location: Central Tokyo, Japan, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way
Initials: SHO

Post by Shou »

I actually had a similar problem. I have all of the Hikaru titles and just swap the ROMs. I had to change the system settings including the resolution to get it to work. Before that, I always got error 3.