In the Hunt pcb no sprites

PCB problems and fixes
nem
Needs a custom rank

Re: In the Hunt pcb no sprites

Post by nem »

Oh! Look for obvious faults on the PCB then. The first four pins (two on each side) are for ground, the next four for 5V, next two after that for -5V and last two before the notch for 12V. Look for the first components that they go to. There's a short somewhere in there, that's why the PSU is clicking.
chaincarousel
Please Continue...
eBay: NA
Initials: BER

Post by chaincarousel »

nem wrote: January 4th, 2019, 3:06 pm Oh! Look for obvious faults on the PCB then. The first four pins (two on each side) are for ground, the next four for 5V, next two after that for -5V and last two before the notch for 12V. Look for the first components that they go to. There's a short somewhere in there, that's why the PSU is clicking.
thanks one problem solved by cleaning the contacts with alcohol but created another problem :(

Now the directional controls are messed up. can only move backwards or upwards .. WTF no matter which controller I use on the supergun. How could I solve this prob?

Edit: it's now back working like a charm... I don't get it sometimes but I got in the Service menu by enabling DIP Switch "SW1 #8 ON" and tested the I/O there. Got feedback from all directilons. booted up the game still direction R was not working. Tested Player 2 controlls -> working. Switched back to Player 1 by restarting the board and it works now!!
Nebula
eBay: nebula087
Initials: POL

Post by Nebula »

Thanks guys! That solution works for my blade master pcb. I remember me to be read this thread a while ago, and when I saw the error I instantly tried to clean the J3 jumper. :D