Turtles in Time PAL Chip PAL20L10ACNS

PCB problems and fixes
coolmod
eBay: hyperneogeo

Turtles in Time PAL Chip PAL20L10ACNS

Post by coolmod »

So I'm working on a little project here and I need the image to the PAL chip marked PAL20L10ACNS on a TMNT Turtles in Time board. However that one wasn't dumped along with the other one above it because the person who dumped it (http://www.jammarcade.net/pal-dumps/ ) didn't have the proper tools to dump a 24 pin PAL chip, but now he does. I asked him if he could dump it if he had the chip and he said yes. So here comes the thing. Could anyone lend me the board or just the chip off (I will socket the chip and put it back on!) of it so I can get it dumped? It would be good to have both of the PALS on his site so people can fix their boards as well.

I would of course pay for all shipping charges and if you are afraid I might run away with it, I can give you a more expensive board as collateral ($500-$600ish).

If my little project works, I will give the person who supplied me with the board one of the final results of that project :)

(it's the chip marked 053997)
Asure
eBay: asure_nl

Re: Turtles in Time PAL Chip PAL20L10ACNS

Post by Asure »

coolmod wrote:my little project...
Multiturtles?
coolmod

Post by coolmod »

Well, lets just say it will allow people to get their hands on the game without paying $400 for one, but I need to find someone who will lend me the chip or the board first heh.
Asure
eBay: asure_nl

Post by Asure »

Looks to me like the PCB is a near exact match to sunset riders.

TMNT 2

Sunset Riders

I have a Sunset Riders here, possibly get the PAL from that for Porchy to take a peek at.. I do hate (de)soldering on these boards as they are fragile multilayer thingies..
caius
eBay: private
Initials: FAB

Post by caius »

Yes, both boards have identical layout but , strange thing, Sunset Riders use a 24 PIN PAL marked as '054618' though there is a '053997' silkscreening on the PCB.I think they are interchangeable providing we have code for both PAL but the 20 PIN PAL marked as '054253' should be the same for both (and also for Asterix)
porchio
Please Continue...

Post by porchio »

coolmod wrote:Well, lets just say it will allow people to get their hands on the game without paying $400 for one, but I need to find someone who will lend me the chip or the board first heh.
So are you wanting this chip to create conversions?
coolmod

Post by coolmod »

porchio wrote:
coolmod wrote:Well, lets just say it will allow people to get their hands on the game without paying $400 for one, but I need to find someone who will lend me the chip or the board first heh.
So are you wanting this chip to create conversions?
For a friend yeah, but more or less to get the PAL chip on the PAL chip dump achieve in order to help other people in case their chip goes bad. I can reassure you guys the board being used isn't Sunset Riders, I would never sacrifice a great game for another game.