Taito type x2

PCB problems and fixes
alamone
Please Continue...

Re: Taito type x2

Post by alamone »

The Western Digital you are using has a different firmware than the source drive. It's the last digits after the model number.
Edit: Actually I see the model number does not even match. They should be the same model number.

Thus it's probably being detected as a different drive model, and since Windows XP embedded only contains the drivers for specific hardware,
it's crashing because it has no driver for that disk model. That's my guess, at least, no guarantees that even an identical disk will work.
I believe some games also check serial number of HDD.
kazuo

Post by kazuo »

If the image is decrypted and all protections are removed, none of that matters. You just clone the image to a fresh drive.
alamone
Please Continue...

Post by alamone »

Obviously it does matter in this case, since he's getting the 7B BSOD.
inferno2
Please Continue...

Post by inferno2 »

Hello, i have the same problem, HDD with SSF4Ae and a BSOD with clone hdd, i've tried a lot of software and it's same BSOD.

I copy sector 0 of each partition and not BSOD but the game don't lauch (black screen with "no signal")

what is the tuto for cloning my disk

Thanks

Sorry for my poor English, i'm french
jodre

Post by jodre »

If your cloned disc does not work but passes black screen and goes to BSOD, just copy the source disc with drag and drop, overwriting the cloned files.
Also make sure you have a X2 that is compatible (not a satelite or 212 or such)
inferno2
Please Continue...

Post by inferno2 »

-when i clone the disk and do anything i have BSOD (error 7D)
-after i copy with etidhexa the sector 0 of each partition i dont have bsod but Windows Embedded and the game dont lauch, black screen with no signal.

the disk i want to clone boot on my ttx2 version 207, the clone should work?

I doubt that the copy paste work ??
jodre

Post by jodre »

if you get BSOD you have passed the securitycheck and the disc should be fine to use on the system, your problem should be in hardware or software issue, and if the gamle boots fine on the source disc there is no need to make it harder than a drag & drop copy, just make sure hidden files also goes with the lot (don't remember if there is any but better safe than sorry).
inferno2
Please Continue...

Post by inferno2 »

I think that there is no more security for my ttx2 works without dongle and the HDD is not an original.
Files in my original are the same as in the clone.
I do not know what to do.
I have exactly the same partition and same hard drive as the picture on the first page of this thread.
jodre

Post by jodre »

X2 has protections in the MBR (not completly true since the last 2 bytes or so that defines partions is not needed)

That means, if disc miss that check you get black screen, if it passes you got problems with the OS, the OS does not need cloning, it is enough with copy, partions does not matter, if you get BSOD your disk passes the check and you can install XP on it if you want and use it as an ordinary computer.
inferno2
Please Continue...

Post by inferno2 »

OK but i don't want install a new Windows XP on my TTX2, i just want exactly clone my HDD, if it crash i put the clone in my ttx2 and play again!
Otherwise my actual hdd is a 500go, first i want clone on another 500go but after i want modify my clone to reduce the size and put it on more little hdd!
But first i dont undestand why my clone don't boot
jodre

Post by jodre »

Then just try copy the files over to the disc that BSODs?
inferno2
Please Continue...

Post by inferno2 »

ok, thanks i try to drag and drop the three partitions on the hdd bsod , hidden and system files are visible.
inferno2
Please Continue...

Post by inferno2 »

the drag and drop on each partition go to same BSOD (error 7D)
I try Acronis true partition but no disk to disk but disk to image and boot on usb disk Acronis and do image to new disk (with write MBR and write signature of HDD) and is the same BSOD
Now i tried clonezilla...

I don't understand why it's impossible to clone this simple hdd, i have exactly the same problem and the same original HDD as trad31 who started this thread. Trad31 find a solution?
siyco
Never breathes in
Initials: bad

Post by siyco »

I agree with Andy geezer 500gb is way to big I've got taito type x2 and most games are 80gb drives so get a smaller drive I use ghost 8 it copies even the hidden files you can't see and using smaller had won't take so bloody long lol.
Jan
EU trade negotiator
eBay: voll gerne

Post by Jan »

inferno2 wrote: Trad31 find a solution?
good question, did the the Image solve your Problem ?
ain't got no realestateorjewelryoranyofthat
inferno2
Please Continue...

Post by inferno2 »

I don't understand your reply? there is a special thing to do ?

My Disk is exactly the same that the first page of this thread with exactly the same partitions.

I try copy with a duplication dock and have the same error
i try with this same dock with the two disk in , with clonezilla, Norton ghost, active disk, and clone disk to disk on Windows 7 64bit.
Now i try with winhex.( but i think the result is the same)
For all test i do it with 2,5 and 3,5 disk (500go) and the disk are not the same at the original but my original is not an taito original hdd, why i have this BSOD ??

What is the trick?
Please help me
tart31

Post by tart31 »

Hi all

I didn't get my copy to work at all so gave up in the end.spending 7-8 hours on it copying got to me in the end
Neo_Arcadia wrote:
inferno2 wrote: Trad31 find a solution?
good question, did the the Image solve your Problem ?
I've still not tried that yet but will give it a go soon.
jodre

Post by jodre »

You need a cloning program that is able to write the first 446bytes with disc ID and the whole shabang, a program to make a ghost image will probably not do that but just clone 447 to 512 with partion information.

if you run linux/osX and know what you are doing dd is your friend, think winhex should be able to make a clone if you are stuck to windows but that is not my go to OS for theese operations and never tried it.
inferno2
Please Continue...

Post by inferno2 »

The hdd clone with winhex give me the same BOSD.
I take this disk and use DD on linux and the opération is good "446 bytes copied" but in the taito x2 on arcade cabinet the same BSOD :penser:

I use this command:
sudo su -
dd if=/dev/sdf of=/dev/sdg bs=446 count=1
jodre

Post by jodre »

Never tried a direct copy since I use an USBcradle so I saved the whole MBR to disk, I have restored the first 446 from that to anything from a 32GB SSD to 1TB HDD without any problem.
Using OSX but that shouldn't realt matter