Rambo Arcade and LGJ on Lindbergh @ Home without Cab

PCB problems and fixes
r3s3t
Please Continue...
Rambo Arcade and LGJ on Lindbergh @ Home without Cab

Post by r3s3t »

First hello to all ; )
So im looking for a solution to play Rambo Arcade and LGJ at Home on my LCD TV without Cab. So i buyed a lindbergh mainboard with rambo and LGJ and the right sega i/o from andy g. . Now i found a supplier for the other parts of the rambo game here . But im not sure about to get the thing running at home even i have all the stuff. I heard the sega i/o need 5v power supply for example. Here is a list and a picture of the Rambo Kit what i think to buy. Also if someone can help me to build this thing up i would pay for to get it done. Here is one supplier of the kits http://www.arcadespareparts.com/news/20 ... rades.html" and another offers this one

- unit price in $2395usd
- original and used working kit
- delivery date: 7~10 days
- It includes mother board,IO board, gun motion board, gun board, power supply, two guns, sensor, two LED boards, testing keystroke board, infrared filter board and wire set.

So is this really all of the stuff to get the game running on my home lcd ? What did i have to do ? Did i need to have the 5v psu for the i/o Board.

Also i heard there are some french guys who develop a pcb board for lindbergh to connect wii controller to the system and play without all the sensors and stuff. Also there is a Version/Hack of Rambo to play with mouse. Also from Lets go Jungle are 2 versions avaible . One with analogue control and another special with normal optical guns. What analogue Joystick can i connect to the sega i/O to play LGJ analogue version ?
Maybe the bestway to play thoose games is to buy the orginal cabs. Or is it possible to modify a Hotd 4 Cab to play Rambo and LGJ ? What Cab is the ideal Solution to have Rambo and LGJ running on. Where to get such used Cabs in europe ? I would be very happy about any help from you guys.

Best wishes

Rob
r3s3t
Please Continue...
Re: Rambo Arcade and LGJ on Lindbergh @ Home without Cab

Post by r3s3t »

Shou
Location: Central Tokyo, Japan, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way
Initials: SHO

Post by Shou »

What's the gun motion and LED board used for? Surely, you just need the JVS I/O board, infrared sensors, gun sense board and the gun?
r3s3t
Please Continue...

Post by r3s3t »

After thinking twice i will now buy a hotd4 cab and will convert it to rambo because that seems to be more secure for me. Because i dont know how to connect all the stuff and also a lindy gun cab is nice to have. Hopefully my multiboot is fitting in it, to play some more shooter : )

I know that LGJ will not run on this setup but what is the easy solution to play LGJ (Lets go Jungle) at home without buying the real cab ? I heard from andy g. that an analogue arcade stick will do the job but for what joystick & where should i look for ? Also did my JVS I/O need external 5v power ?

Thanks for any help. If someone got rambo arcade or LGJ running without a cab, just with these parts above, tell me your story please.

regards

rob
Layer

Post by Layer »

An OMC-GZH200 i/o gun works with most of games of gun type 2 to the Lindy.
r3s3t
Please Continue...

Post by r3s3t »

Hi Layer,

thanks for that hint. So for Hotd 4 and Rambo the OMC-GZH200 i/o gun should work but not for Lets go Jungle or am i wrong ?
Can i connect this Gun to the Sega i/o Board directly or what did i need ? thanks for any answer.

So i can use a gun like this from 2spicy ? http://www.tms-designs.com/theshed/defa ... ockid=2550"

And what else did i need ? This sense board http://www.tms-designs.com/theshed/defa ... ockid=2557" and the sensors http://www.tms-designs.com/theshed/defa ... ockid=2220" and Cables. Seems to be very difficult to build this up or not ?

Maybe someone can post a complete list of the parts i need to play rambo and lets go jungle ?

Also "What's the gun motion and LED board used for?" same question as above in the thread

greetz

rob
codecrank
Please Continue...

Post by codecrank »

you can also use the older gun i/o boards 838-13143-xx ( you'll want a 04 and above revision, as they are upgradable via 20$ eeproms ). much easier and cheaper to source through old cabs and ebay.

buying all the parts separately is going to cost you an arm and a leg, if you can a HOTD4 cab for a decent price, this would be your best option. I personally bought a old Lost world cab so I would have all the typeII parts to build a LCD based gun setup. ( wall mount + pedestal )
r3s3t
Please Continue...

Post by r3s3t »

thanks for your answer. I will just buy an hotd mini 29" cab and than i will put a multiboot lindy inside. Did you think it works ? I think "lets go jungle" will not run with this setup but rambo will do i heard ?
codecrank
Please Continue...

Post by codecrank »

I would to check if the games you're interested in running supports 4:3 mode if you plan to use such a cab.
r3s3t
Please Continue...

Post by r3s3t »

ok thats a point, so maybe its better to rip of the cabs hardware and connect the lindy to a 16:9 lcd or buy a larger hotd4 cab version like the House of the Dead 4 DX maybe. Im not sure. Also ive heard for "lgj" i can use analogue joysticks. Only the LGJ Special Version supports IR Guns.
purplec

Post by purplec »

r3s3t wrote:ok thats a point, so maybe its better to rip of the cabs hardware and connect the lindy to a 16:9 lcd or buy a larger hotd4 cab version like the House of the Dead 4 DX maybe. Im not sure. Also ive heard for "lgj" i can use analogue joysticks. Only the LGJ Special Version supports IR Guns.

the guys on gameoover have made a very nice hack called G2N that you could use
r3s3t
Please Continue...

Post by r3s3t »

Hi ... if you mean this http://www.gamoover.net/Forums/index.php?topic=27895.0" Its look very difficult to build for me actually. But its a very nice hack ; ) Maybe i found somebody who sells the G2N unit.
codecrank
Please Continue...

Post by codecrank »

pretty neat work , but looking at the calibration screen in that video, the position jumps A LOT compared to the actual type II stuff...

but maybe it's been improved since that video.
r3s3t
Please Continue...

Post by r3s3t »

Maybe someone can tell me where i can get some "Standard 5K pot analogue sticks" to connect to the JVS I/O from the Lindbergh System to play Lets go Jungle ?
Can i use this analogue naomi cp one here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthre ... p=84463453"
or such a stick ? http://www.ultimarc.com/ultrastik_info.html" ? Did it connect via usb to the jvs board ?
or http://na.suzohapp.com/amusement_produc ... 95-1347-00"

Sorry im not so much into this ; ) Maybe i need just a basic
arcade part but i dont know really what i should looking for in this case.

Also did somebody know if rambo and lgj are also running on 4:3 Screen of the HOTD Mini/Midi Cab ? I dont find so much information on the web.

Big Thanks for any Answer
Last edited by r3s3t on July 3rd, 2013, 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
codecrank
Please Continue...

Post by codecrank »

your best option is to get the sanwa JLK-GF2-AT , it comes with the pot amp board wired already.

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/sanwadenshi/lever_018/"

the SuzoHapp alternative is just as expensive and more complicated to wire up.
r3s3t
Please Continue...

Post by r3s3t »

many thanks for the help! I found one here http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/sanw ... lever_018/" So a naomi monkeyball cp or other naomi analogue cp wont work ? Anyway i will try to get the stick. Back to topic. Did you think its easy to wire up the rambo kit form the first picture here ? Did the JVS I/O Card need 5v ?
codecrank
Please Continue...

Post by codecrank »

O yeah you can use a the small analog sticks if you want. But like with monkey ball, they just don't work very well. not enough precision.

looking at that kit you posted, it has all the wires, so it's can't be too hard. The only question I'd be asking is how long are the cables that goes between the LED boards. and make sure that will be ok with whatever TV you pick. you may need to make longer ones. Several members here can help you with custom cables if you need some.
r3s3t
Please Continue...

Post by r3s3t »

so nobody did once just this setup from the first pic in the thread ?
pilpil
Please Continue...

Post by pilpil »

It´s posible to play with lgj on normal cabinet, you only need to change connector from original cabinet (analog) to standard connector of guns cabinet i can play on my Ghost Squad Evolution ;)
r3s3t
Please Continue...

Post by r3s3t »

the ghost squad evo is also a lindy cab like hotd4 . Maybe you can explain a little more what did you have done . you put a lindy multiboard into the ghost squad right ? what connector did you change exatly ? because i also plan to buy a ghost squad evo or hotd4 cab. on another thead i found out that it is possible to play or2sp with special configuration ; ) http://www.neo-arcadia.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=41035"