error 22 on naomi cart

PCB problems and fixes
Supersonic
Please Continue...
eBay: metalsupersonic

error 22 on naomi cart

Post by Supersonic »

Hi!

I bought a samba de amigo v2000 cart from mandraga a few months ago, but i havnt tried it until yesterday because i havnt had Japanese bios for my naomi. When I power up it gets error 22 which is a DIMM problem if i understand it correct. Strange since it is a cart and no gdrom. I can get into the test menu but cannot do rom test instead of rom test there is just dimm test in the menu.

I tried with other carts in the motherboard and they work fine so i guess that the problem is with the cart?

I asked andy geezer and he thought that the cart was bad.

Anyone had this problem? what did you do?

I hope i didnt pay 125 euros for a broken cart
Last edited by Supersonic on May 24th, 2013, 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wonderbanana
You can't polish a turd, but I can

Re: error 22 on naomi cart

Post by wonderbanana »

Have you tried pushing firmly on the cart to ensure its connected properly? These carts often need a good shove :lol:

Failing that try taking the cart out of its casing and inserting in the mobo. Also check the connectors on the cart and mobo for signs of damage.

As an aside, make sure you check your voltages on Naomi stuff - anything 5.2 or above will screw your carts buffer chips over time.
markedkiller78 wrote:that's probably my best contribution to the forum to date "I am pluralising fanny"
Supersonic
Please Continue...

Post by Supersonic »

Thanks! I tried the game on 3 different naomi mobos with the same result. I have pressed the cart firmly and i tried to Clean the connectors on the cart but all without success
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

You didn't test when it arrived?

Could be shipping damage, could be an originally dead cart, could be it's just died in storage - no way to tell!
Supersonic
Please Continue...

Post by Supersonic »

no I just stored it until i got Japanese-bios. I should have tested it sooner if i knew this.

But fact is I got a defect cart and i hope that mandraga will be helpful with this even if i didnt try the cart soon enough.

But he dont reply on my PM so I guess not
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

I agree it would be nice but you cannot prove he sold you a defect cart, that's a big assumption to make.
Supersonic
Please Continue...

Post by Supersonic »

no i can not, but most likely it was broken. I dont belive that it got defect on the way from italy to sweden in a box.
One thing is for sure and that is that i paid 125 euros for a non working cart.

But it doesnt matter where you buy stuff, the seller can Always say that the item was working when it was sent. Its a goodwill from the seller.

The only thing i can do is to give bad feedback and try to find Another cart somewhere else
idc
Ralf Little impersonator
eBay: iancourt
Initials: IAN

Post by idc »

Supersonic wrote:no i can not, but most likely it was broken. I dont belive that it got defect on the way from italy to sweden in a box.
One thing is for sure and that is that i paid 125 euros for a non working cart.

But it doesnt matter where you buy stuff, the seller can Always say that the item was working when it was sent. Its a goodwill from the seller.

The only thing i can do is to give bad feedback and try to find Another cart somewhere else
Preposterous. There is always a chance that items can be damaged in transit. If you're expecting goodwill from a seller, it's probably not a good idea to threaten bad feedback in advance of attempting to patiently resolve any issues.

In this case, I suspect that your bad feedback would be removed swiftly and people would avoid dealing with you, rather than with Mandraga.

You've already stated that you had not tested the cart until you'd had it for around two months. You didn't pay 125 euros for a non-working cart, you paid 125 euros for a working cart that you failed to test upon receipt. Therefore, there is some doubt about whether the cart was dead on arrival, or if it died while in your possession.

Unfortunately, I don't believe you have any case against Mandraga. While the seller is responsible for ensuring that the buyer receives the item in the condition that it was described, it is up to the buyer to verify this upon receipt, which you failed to do. As such, you simply cannot assume that it was faulty when sent, or that it sustained damage in the postal system.
ImageImageImageImage
Supersonic
Please Continue...

Post by Supersonic »

so true. It is my fault that i didnt try the cart upon arrival. Its my lesson to learn from this.

But still it would be nice to be able to have a Communication with the seller. For me mandraga has not been a great seller. Its not just that the cart was broken, there are other things that i didnt like.