CPS3 Black screen

PCB problems and fixes
Phexe
Please Continue...

CPS3 Black screen

Post by Phexe »

Hey guys,

I just used Darksoft's tool to make a "Street Fighter III: New Generation" CD to test out with my 3rd Strike Cart.

It updated (New Generation background) but now when I load my CPS3 setup its just a black screen. I tried using my original 3rd Strike disc to update back to 3rd Strike but its still a black screen. If I eject the disc and restart it tells me to put the disc back in, so I do, then I press 1P Button 1, and it says "Reading Disc..." then it goes to a black screen again. Is there any way to force it to rewrite the simm's, I can't seem to get into the test menu at all :'(

EDIT: I've tried swapping the SIMM's around to force an update, but it still just goes to a black screen :'( I think the problem is it sees the written SIMMs "NG" as Third Strike, so when I put the Third Strike disc in it thinks all is well and tries to load the game.

EDIT2: Cart works fine in a friends CPSIII (So its not dead)
SuperMenteur
Please Continue...
eBay: supramenteur
Initials: RSM

Re: CPS3 Black screen

Post by SuperMenteur »

Phexe wrote: EDIT: I've tried swapping the SIMM's around to force an update, but it still just goes to a black screen :'( I think the problem is it sees the written SIMMs "NG" as Third Strike, so when I put the Third Strike disc in it thinks all is well and tries to load the game.
I had a similar issue, but swapping the SIMMs finally brought me to the "Install game" screen. Seems you're out of luck.

Do you have a spare SIMM ? From my personal experience, putting a "new" SIMM on slot 1 always work.
idc
Ralf Little impersonator
eBay: iancourt
Initials: IAN

Re: CPS3 Black screen

Post by idc »

SuperMenteur wrote:
Phexe wrote: EDIT: I've tried swapping the SIMM's around to force an update, but it still just goes to a black screen :'( I think the problem is it sees the written SIMMs "NG" as Third Strike, so when I put the Third Strike disc in it thinks all is well and tries to load the game.
I had a similar issue, but swapping the SIMMs finally brought me to the "Install game" screen. Seems you're out of luck.

Do you have a spare SIMM ? From my personal experience, putting a "new" SIMM on slot 1 always work.
Yep, you need something with "different" data on in your slot 1. Usually, swapping 1 and 2 around should be enough, if I remember correctly.
ImageImageImageImage