Bubble Memories NVRAM File From MAME

PCB problems and fixes
rtw

Bubble Memories NVRAM File From MAME

Post by rtw »

This might sound a bit odd but bear with me :D

I'm trying to find out what activates the EXTRA MODE in Bubble Memories.

EXTRA MODE is a permanent setting in EEPROM/NVRAM which will allow the player to select between NORMAL MODE / SUPER MODE after the easy/hard selection screen. When EXTRA MODE is active the lower left of the title screen changes to: EXTRA MODE in green.

EXTRA mode is controlled by a value in the EEPROM or NVRAM file.

I own a cart/motherboard combination which has EXTRA MODE enabled.

Today I desoldered the 93C46 EEPROM from my motherboard and dumped it.

I have determined the exact offset and value which activates this mode but I do not know how that value gets into the EEPROM/NVRAM.

However I suspect that it has something to do with completing the game.

So if you have completed Bubble Memories in MAME please upload your nvram\bubblem\eeprom file or if you're using an older version nvram\bubblem.nv so we can get to the bottom of this mystery!
muddymusic

Re: Bubble Memories NVRAM File From MAME

Post by muddymusic »

Is it saved once you enter the code for super mode on the title screen? My cart has extra mode enabled too. I wonder if a factory reset will change it back to normal until the code is entered again.
Repro artwork supplier, pm or visit http://www.arcadeartshop.com
rtw

Post by rtw »

muddymusic wrote:Is it saved once you enter the code for super mode on the title screen? My cart has extra mode enabled too. I wonder if a factory reset will change it back to normal until the code is entered again.
SUPER MODE
left, start, bubble, jump, up, down, start, right
You get the second set of levels when this code is used. Lower left of the title screen changes to: SUPER MODE in red

It is not saved when you issue the SUPER MODE code. If you perform a factory reset it will remove the EXTRA MODE.
Shou
Location: Central Tokyo, Japan, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way
Initials: SHO

Post by Shou »

I thought Extra Mode appears after beating the true last boss on Super Mode since he only appears in this mode.
GaijinPunch
gay men guy

Post by GaijinPunch »

TLB? I can get to like stage 10 on this **** of a game. Fun though.
rtw

Post by rtw »

GaijinPunch wrote:TLB? I can get to like stage 10 on this **** of a game. Fun though.
Yes Bubble Bobble which is the precursor to Bubble Memories was one of the first games to feature a TLB. After decoding the secret message in the rooms you enter the 2'nd loop and then you must have a friend to play Super Drunk :D