leonardoliveira & Idc's clean decrypted roms

PCB problems and fixes
Pythagoras

Re: leonardoliveira & Idc's clean decrypted roms

Post by Pythagoras »

1. It's imposible to aswer that question without having your roms to analyze. It could be either "Avalaunch" or hacked "Phoenix Edition" roms.
2. Your rom labels indicate that the revision initially was "961004 Japan" (xvsj 03 I / xvsj 04 I)
3. Yes, roms 3 and 4 are the only encrypted roms for that game.

Does your roms pass "the memory check"? "Selection 8) in the test menu.

If you have an eprom programmer then I can make a decrypted "Japan 961023" set for you to burn...
GIF
eBay: jeff_lightening

Post by GIF »

Thank you for the answers.

So we could say that :
- the initial version was also 961004 Japan regarding the labels
- it has been done correctly as it seems that only the "xvsj 03 I" and "xvsj 04 I" EPROMs have been modified
- probably this is not the initial EPROMs as the label seem to have been removed once (what is your opinion ?)
- we do not know why there is this random screen / nothing like this happens on Avalaunch or Phoenix versions

"Does your roms pass "the memory check"? "Selection 8) in the test menu." > I'll check later and let you know :)
Pythagoras

Post by Pythagoras »

probably this is not the initial EPROMs as the label seem to have been removed once (what is your opinion ?)
If the eproms are the same or not as the original ones, is not easy to tell. Because the labels had to be removed to erase and reprogram the roms with the decrypted code.
GIF

Post by GIF »

(edit)
Actually I'm thinking about finding someone, to harmonize my collection, to reprogram the EPROMs for 2 of my games with the original code because I want to use INFINIKEY to keep EPROM "clean" for all the games.
No strange screen, no Phoenix logo, no special menu, just the original game back :)
How can I be sure that the files I'll get will be 100% correct ? Is there a website 100% viable ?
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

If the roms work with an Infinikey, then more than likely they are the original ones. You have to have some know-how to be able to re-encrypt roms (I couldn't do it).

Anyway, you could just burn the roms yourself. Buy a TL866 programmer and a cheap eprom eraser from eBay. It's like a 70 euro investment. Then download the Mame roms (use Google) and check them against Mame to make sure.
leonardoliveira
Please Continue...
Initials: leo

Post by leonardoliveira »

GIF wrote: November 7th, 2020, 10:26 pm Image

Thank you :)
If you intend to use infinikey to return the board to official state you can just burn the erased EPROMs with XVS 03I and XVS 04I as the original stickers state.
These files are found in the MAME's xmvssfj.zip file.

Capcom own EPROM versioning for the games is the capital letter printed after the ROM socket number.
No letter means the EPROM has the first issue of the data, A is the first revision and so on.

In this particular game only ROMs 03 and 04 were encrypted and needed to be changed to run the board on suicided state.
leonardoliveira
Please Continue...
Initials: leo

Post by leonardoliveira »

GIF wrote: November 11th, 2020, 12:51 am (edit)
Actually I'm thinking about finding someone, to harmonize my collection, to reprogram the EPROMs for 2 of my games with the original code because I want to use INFINIKEY to keep EPROM "clean" for all the games.
No strange screen, no Phoenix logo, no special menu, just the original game back :)
How can I be sure that the files I'll get will be 100% correct ? Is there a website 100% viable ?
Just look inside the MAME ROMs that aren't marked as bootlegs. These will be dumps of official EPROMs. Pick the files which match the original stickers on your games.
GIF

Post by GIF »

Thank you,
"No letter means the EPROM has the first issue of the data, A is the first revision and so on"
> but I thought that the 961004 version was the second one, so why is it the letter "i" and not "B" ? Because it counts all regional versions too ?
nativedragon
Please Continue...
eBay: nativedragon
Initials: fox

Post by nativedragon »

I know this is a reply to old thread but i recently came across a Gem fighter that is suicide but doesn't have a unencrypted set available. how can i submit files to help community out? ( and me!) :)
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

nativedragon wrote: February 2nd, 2022, 5:58 am I know this is a reply to old thread but i recently came across a Gem fighter that is suicide but doesn't have a unencrypted set available. how can i submit files to help community out? ( and me!) :)
The programs roms will have to be decrypted.

What code do you have on the stickers?