leonardoliveira & Idc's clean decrypted roms

PCB problems and fixes
JNX
Please Continue...
Initials: ACE

Re: leonardoliveira & Idc's clean decrypted roms

Post by JNX »

idc wrote:We'll sort it.

Probably best not to kill a working board for untested decrypted ROMs. Try on a dead board first. ;)
No problem dude. Any progress on D&D:SOM?
crebou

Post by crebou »

idc wrote:Noted. Still a few outstanding reports also. Nobody has been forgotten. Just busy with home and baby at the moment, and Leo is working on System 246 right now.
ok ok, I wait. I have the time, I just want to understand 8-)

And for single black board, you'll work for make these sets too ?
MitsurugiW
Please Continue...
eBay: mitsurugi-w
Initials: JBW

Post by MitsurugiW »

crebou wrote:
idc wrote:Noted. Still a few outstanding reports also. Nobody has been forgotten. Just busy with home and baby at the moment, and Leo is working on System 246 right now.
ok ok, I wait. I have the time, I just want to understand 8-)

And for single black board, you'll work for make these sets too ?

Any fix that is confirmed working on a B-board will work on the black pcbs. I have done it several times and even converted the black pcb to games that were never released on the all-in-one. Just download the fix you need and create the SIMM file using Artemio's CPS black tool. Then program the SIMM using the ISO his program creates. I use the SuperBIOS cart to create the SIMM.
RoberMC
Please Continue...
Initials: RMC

Post by RoberMC »

Hokuto wrote:So I was browsing your decrypted stuff site and didn't find anything for Street Fighter Zero 2 (or Alpha 2 for that matter). Have you guys tried your hand at decrypting that ****, or is it that nobody wants it?? Because I actually landed a dead SFZ2 and wanted to revive it without Phoenixing it.... :awe:
If you have SFA2 (USA) there is no "clean" decrypted set nor public "Phoenix" set, and the SFA2 USA is the only one which has the unlockable characters and new costumes, for now the Asia phoenix is the only alternative loosing that features.
Hokuto
Initials: !__

Post by Hokuto »

RoberMC wrote: If you have SFA2 (USA) there is no "clean" decrypted set nor public "Phoenix" set, and the SFA2 USA is the only one which has the unlockable characters and new costumes, for now the Asia phoenix is the only alternative loosing that features.
No, my board is actually the JP version (Zero 2) and I did manage to find the Phoenix romset. It's just that I would've rather used the clean decrypted roms, not a big fan of Phoenix edition's bells and whistles.
No
Scaffa
Please Continue...
eBay: casimpson1985
Initials: CAS

Post by Scaffa »

Could someone let me know if you can boot the "superbios" cart (i.e all CPS3 on 1 disc) using a battery free 2i cart that has no extra mods?

I can't really tell from the site as it's all blog format.

Cheers,

Craig
RoberMC
Please Continue...
Initials: RMC

Post by RoberMC »

Hokuto wrote:
RoberMC wrote: If you have SFA2 (USA) there is no "clean" decrypted set nor public "Phoenix" set, and the SFA2 USA is the only one which has the unlockable characters and new costumes, for now the Asia phoenix is the only alternative loosing that features.
No, my board is actually the JP version (Zero 2) and I did manage to find the Phoenix romset. It's just that I would've rather used the clean decrypted roms, not a big fan of Phoenix edition's bells and whistles.
Ah, ok, i didn't remember there was a Japanese phoenix set released, anyway still no decrypted set for USA SFA2 which is the only one which has all the unlockables and costumes cheats.

Anyway i'd like to give a bib big thanks to everyone working in this clean decrypted sets. we all know they are bootlegs, but at least the game doesn't remember it to you everytime you power the board on with a big yellow logo. If Razoola really felt the need to sign his sets, he should have done it inside Test menu screen.
MitsurugiW
Please Continue...

Post by MitsurugiW »

Scaffa wrote:Could someone let me know if you can boot the "superbios" cart (i.e all CPS3 on 1 disc) using a battery free 2i cart that has no extra mods?

I can't really tell from the site as it's all blog format.

Cheers,

Craig
The SuperBIOS completely replaces the BIOS in your cart. You must reflash the bios chip in your cart to use the SuperBIOS. So it will no longer be a 2I cart but rather a SuperBIOS cart.
MottZilla
Please Continue...

Post by MottZilla »

JNX wrote:I've got a D&D:TOD US board and tried reburning 3, 4 and 5 and the game won't boot. I just get a black screen. This is the 3rd game I've tried using these files and it's the first one that isn't working.

Verified all program roms, swapped A boards and still no dice. There isn't any residual charge in the RAM either.
Did you forget to reburn 6 and 7? You should be aware that sometimes the non-encrypted roms have different revisions. By having a mixed/mismatched version of roms you can have all sorts of problems ranging from black screen, to crashes and glitches. Please if it's still possible, burn all the eproms included in the zip file and let us know if it still won't boot.

Also the D&D ToD is very much a beta. Because unlike most other games, there was not a clean way to sort encrypted and decrypted data. So there may be errors. It was tested though on an emulator and it seemed to perform reasonably well. It certainly should "boot" and run quite well. The only problem is at certain points in the game it's possible a glitch or crash could occur because I can't possibly do every single thing in the game to fully test it.
MitsurugiW
Please Continue...

Post by MitsurugiW »

MottZilla wrote:
JNX wrote:I've got a D&D:TOD US board and tried reburning 3, 4 and 5 and the game won't boot. I just get a black screen. This is the 3rd game I've tried using these files and it's the first one that isn't working.

Verified all program roms, swapped A boards and still no dice. There isn't any residual charge in the RAM either.
Did you forget to reburn 6 and 7? You should be aware that sometimes the non-encrypted roms have different revisions. By having a mixed/mismatched version of roms you can have all sorts of problems ranging from black screen, to crashes and glitches. Please if it's still possible, burn all the eproms included in the zip file and let us know if it still won't boot.

Also the D&D ToD is very much a beta. Because unlike most other games, there was not a clean way to sort encrypted and decrypted data. So there may be errors. It was tested though on an emulator and it seemed to perform reasonably well. It certainly should "boot" and run quite well. The only problem is at certain points in the game it's possible a glitch or crash could occur because I can't possibly do every single thing in the game to fully test it.
I tried using this also when testing converting black CPS2 boards to other games. It does not boot though the phoenix version boots fine.
JNX
Please Continue...
Initials: ACE

Post by JNX »

MottZilla wrote:

Damn, didn't even see this reply. For all the ones that weren't modified, I verified them against the ones in the folders.

Has there been confirmation of the US version of SFA3 working on real hardware? I tried scouring the thread and didn't see anything confirming it working on real hardware. I have a SFA3 here but want to know first.

Thanks
MitsurugiW
Please Continue...

Post by MitsurugiW »

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this one yet but Japan Vamp Savior does not boot on real hardware. Crashes halfway through boot-up rom check.
undamned
Please Continue...
eBay: undamned
Initials: UND

Post by undamned »

Not sure if these are still being updated, but I have a couple dead USA Marvel Super Heroes vs Streetfighter sets that need some love! :D
-ud
"Sin and death's got the whole world gettin' illa, but I praise God for the Blood Spilla."
Jubei
Please Continue...
eBay: kingcar!
Initials: CAR

Post by Jubei »

Amazing Work. :awe: :awe: :awe: :awe: :awe:
Thanks for the hard work, and for sharing this.
I just Managed to revive my Zero 2 Board, which layed dead here for a long time.
I bought the files from razoola a while ago and it just didn't want to come alive again, so I gave up on this one, since my burner arrived yesterday, and I thought just give it a try.

I'm very happy it worked at first try.
And now I'm going to throw my money at you. :lol:
idc
Ralf Little impersonator
eBay: iancourt
Initials: IAN

Post by idc »

undamned wrote:Not sure if these are still being updated, but I have a couple dead USA Marvel Super Heroes vs Streetfighter sets that need some love! :D
-ud
Still here. I've been taking an extended break - if you can call it that... Since becoming a father, a lot of my time has to go elsewhere right now. The project is not dead though. :)

Leo is also still around, he's been working on some cool PS2/246/256 stuff, to my knowledge. I should catch up with him to see what's going on with that.

We still have a few outstanding requests to get sorted. Soon I'll go through the thread (and my PMs) and compile a list of who needs what, which games work on hardware and which need fixing up, and we'll see what we can do. 8-)
Jubei wrote:Amazing Work. :awe: :awe: :awe: :awe: :awe:
Thanks for the hard work, and for sharing this.
I just Managed to revive my Zero 2 Board, which layed dead here for a long time.
I bought the files from razoola a while ago and it just didn't want to come alive again, so I gave up on this one, since my burner arrived yesterday, and I thought just give it a try.

I'm very happy it worked at first try.
Nice one, glad to hear it works for you. :)
ImageImageImageImage
MitsurugiW
Please Continue...

Post by MitsurugiW »

Hey Ian. Once you start working on it again let me know specifically which games to test on real hardware for you and I will give then a shot to help out.

The only request I have is for clean rom versions of both revisions of SSF2:TB I have. :D
THX1138
Please Continue...

Post by THX1138 »

Rockman the power battle decrypted set have a red screen at start.
Hope you can, when you've time to fix it and thanks for your hard work ^^
My Blog: http://arcadebootleg.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://arcade-area.lebonforum.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
idc
Ralf Little impersonator

Post by idc »

THX1138 wrote:Rockman the power battle decrypted set have a red screen at start.
Hope you can, when you've time to fix it and thanks for your hard work ^^
Noted, thank you.
ImageImageImageImage
undamned
Please Continue...
eBay: undamned
Initials: UND

Post by undamned »

Not sure how up to date the avalaunch site is on which games have been tested on actual hardware, but here are some which I have recently tested (which were not already noted on the website):

Japan 19XX The War Against Destiny (Thanks, Mottzilla!)
Japan Battle Circuit (Thanks, Mottzilla!)
Japan AM Super Street Fighter II X: Grand Master Challenge (Thanks, idc!)

I will definitely be donating to you guys! Now about that USA Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter file set ... :D

Thanks!
-ud
"Sin and death's got the whole world gettin' illa, but I praise God for the Blood Spilla."
idc
Ralf Little impersonator

Post by idc »

undamned wrote:Not sure how up to date the avalaunch site is on which games have been tested on actual hardware, but here are some which I have recently tested (which were not already noted on the website):

Japan 19XX The War Against Destiny (Thanks, Mottzilla!)
Japan Battle Circuit (Thanks, Mottzilla!)
Japan AM Super Street Fighter II X: Grand Master Challenge (Thanks, idc!)

I will definitely be donating to you guys! Now about that USA Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter file set ... :D

Thanks!
-ud
Thanks for feedback.

The site is a little out of date. Real life is getting in the way of things at the moment (hence why I've not appeared to be very active on here). I am still lurking around and I am compiling a list of what's working and what's not, plus attempting to log and track people's bug reports and requests.

Once I've got that in order a bit, I'll try and get the site updated.
ImageImageImageImage