Zero Gunner 2 cart no boot. black screen.

PCB problems and fixes
maxio098ui
Please Continue...
eBay: maxio098ui

Zero Gunner 2 cart no boot. black screen.

Post by maxio098ui »

Hi there.

I have a load of naomi mobos lying around, and a few games but I have no Idea which ones work. I have 1 naomi mobo that definitly works. And I think no games that work.

Anyone know what kind of diagnostics I can do to check if things work? Also have a dimm, but I don't have a gdromdrive. Is there any way to check on that too?

If the games are broken, any way I can get them fixed? one of them is Zero Gunner 2 which would be a shame if I couldn't get it fixed.

Thank for any help I have put this off for very long and finally Have the time to look in to it.
This question has been answered. post 3 has my new situation.
Last edited by maxio098ui on June 28th, 2012, 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The screws used to seal up this cart are wood screws. Nobody is going to waste good wood screws on a bootleg, they'd just use cheap electronic screws instead.
senna555
Please Continue...

Re: How to check if something naomi is working properly.

Post by senna555 »

on the naomi mobo you have a service button if the naomi is running and you push that button you see a menu
from there you can run some tests.

good luck :awe:
maxio098ui
Please Continue...
eBay: maxio098ui

Re: How to check if something naomi is working properly.

Post by maxio098ui »

Ok I had a look,

These are the results:

1:Zero Gunner. Doesn't do anything just a straight black screen. It looks like it is manufactured by psikyo though so I wouldn't know what to do or what is wrong.

2:cosmic smash. Unknown game title. blank rom checks (no good or bad) I suspect the buffers are dead.

3: Virtua tennis. infinite restart, some bad roms on the check. I guess buffers aswell.

Any advice on what to do? I don't think I have the skills to do tssop soldering. The real priority is to get the zero gunner working as it is worth the most. But I have a feeling the psikyo, hardware is gonna be hard to fix.

Thx for any help :D
The screws used to seal up this cart are wood screws. Nobody is going to waste good wood screws on a bootleg, they'd just use cheap electronic screws instead.