I have an "Object Ram error" ouch..

PCB problems and fixes
George
Please Continue...
Initials: GEO

I have an "Object Ram error" ouch..

Post by George »

Hello all ok i boot the board up and what i see is what you see in the pictures, i either get a pinkish band along the bottom of the screen or if i reeboot the board i get a message saying "OBJECT RAM ERROR?" ive googled it and i can seem to find one person asking the same question alas with no replies. Any idea anyone :(

Just bought ther board via ebay, and messaged the seller but thought best to get it to as many people/forums as possible to see if it can be fixed.

Cheers all.

Up a bit stop, down a bit stop, left a bit stop FIRE Oh you hopeless bast. Thank you my names Bob monkhouse and this has been the Golden Shot.
George
Please Continue...

Re: I have an "Object Ram error" ouch..

Post by George »

kernow wrote:What board is it? It might be the PC PSU not helping matters either.
Hi mate, its a Outzone board very good condition and the psu is 300w, i was going to test my Ibara that arrived today also but thought best wait to see if someone knows more then me about ram errors and i know didley squat.

the google report said this from another user with the same error... "Hi there i've bought a chase hq taito up right,
When i power it up, it gives an error : object ram error, than local ram ok common ram ok, Does someone know where to look on the pcb"

AS for me it just says object ram error in red text.

Cheers
Up a bit stop, down a bit stop, left a bit stop FIRE Oh you hopeless bast. Thank you my names Bob monkhouse and this has been the Golden Shot.
thomj
I love Aerosmith and they look great together
Initials: TWJ

Post by thomj »

when it's running you want it on normal bubblewrap or something insulated, not the pink conductive stuff (which is perfect for storing them when not in use).

Have you metered the voltage and reseated any socket chips, checked for broken traces etc?
George
Please Continue...

Post by George »

I checked traces but couldnt spot any breaks or damage, i dont have a Vm i never go that much into to be honest, the most work ive ever done on a board is change a Cps2 Battery and i wasnt keen on that :) here are a couple of pix of both sides of the board as it might help i was chuft at how decent the pcb is aswell :(

Will be back in a few hours as my ladys sister is really ill and she has asked if we would pop up to see her for a few, up and down day it has been so far

Last edited by George on October 14th, 2011, 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FrancoB
J+ member of the year finalist!
eBay: francosquashking
Initials: FRN

Post by FrancoB »

George wrote:i dont have a Vm i never go that much into to be honest

:palm:
FrancoB wrote:If you own a cab and/or PCBs, you also need to own a multimeter. Simples.
:thumbup:
George
Please Continue...

Post by George »

Update no idea whats gone on done another press on chips but really felt solid, but now i get an image but still has corruption at bottom of screen.

Got his reply from the seller who is being positive about this which i preffer to negative comments thats for sure :)

Hi George. Can you try the board in one of those cabs pictured in the photo you sent me? I suspect the board might be incompatible with the supergun. It may require -5V which I think will be missing from the supergun because it looks like you're using a PC power supply.

Im not a tech head when it comes to this stuff i just love playing retro games thats all so please excuse my ignorance chaps :)
thomj

Post by thomj »

get a multimeter
grobda
Please Continue...

Post by grobda »

pink bubblewrap isn't conductive afaik

the 'corruption' looks like its off the actual playfield, an artifact of the TV, if its the pinkish band at the bottom of the screen. does it play correctly EG is the player sprite fullly visible at the edge of the screen? can you get it into a test mode with a grid pattern to confirm?
grobda @ jammaplus.com, ukvac.com, shmups.com and arcadeotaku.com
thomj

Post by thomj »

grobda wrote:pink bubblewrap isn't conductive afaik
:?
thomj

Post by thomj »

OK. just lay it on a sheet of foil and put whatever voltage that PSU happens to provide into it. See how well it works.
system11

Post by system11 »

kernow wrote:
thomj wrote:OK. just lay it on a sheet of foil and put whatever voltage that PSU happens to provide into it. See how well it works.
oh **** look it's running already on pink bubblewrap and it's not dead, the japanese home arcade gamers actually run their games still inside normal bubblewrap and just plug them into the cab - no ****. guess what they work fine. :P
Just because they're Japanese it doesn't mean they're not complete idiots for doing that.

When I'm using boards laying around to play or test, I just use a bit of old cardboard box. It's perfect and cheap, and a good use for those ragged pieces of crap so many people seem to post things in.
Random blog of stuff:
http://blog.system11.org
FrancoB

Post by FrancoB »

system11 wrote: When I'm using boards laying around to play or test, I just use a bit of old cardboard box. It's perfect and cheap, and a good use for those ragged pieces of crap so many people seem to post things in.
A cut up Cave box is perfect :awe:
system11

Post by system11 »

FrancoB wrote:
system11 wrote: When I'm using boards laying around to play or test, I just use a bit of old cardboard box. It's perfect and cheap, and a good use for those ragged pieces of crap so many people seem to post things in.
A cut up Cave box is perfect :awe:
Is it safer if I use one with a Ketsui serial number on the side?
Random blog of stuff:
FrancoB

Post by FrancoB »

Even better :thumbup:
FrancoB

Post by FrancoB »

Shows how much I know/care about Caveboard :awe:
system11

Post by system11 »

kernow wrote:They don't have serials on :awe:
SHHHH!!!! I was going to make a killing on those.
Random blog of stuff: