Twin eagle V-ram error

PCB problems and fixes
dataeast77
Please Continue...
Twin eagle V-ram error

Post by dataeast77 »

hey guys,ive got a problem with my twin eagle board,it powers up ok but i get V-ram error message on start-up.
its the same board as this one on crazykong.
http://www.crazykong.com/pcbs/T%20-%20Z ... e.pcb.html"
ive checked the board over and cant see any obvious damage and was hoping someone on here could point me in the right direction.
Thanks.:)
VectorGlow
eBay: realflight

Re: Twin eagle V-ram error

Post by VectorGlow »

It's indicating a fault with the Video RAM (or a fault with the board logic that handles the Video RAM). Afraid I don't know which RAMs are the V-RAMs, I'd need to have the board in front of me. However, if I did have the board I'd check the data, address and control lines on the relevant RAMs using a logic probe and/or a 'scope. If they look okay it would then be worth piggy-backing a known good RAM of the same type onto the relevant RAMs to see if the fault goes away (if it doesn't this does NOT mean that the RAMs are good - piggy-backing only works in certain cases).

If you have a multimeter, have you checked the voltages?

Do you have a logic probe, etc?
Arcade game board repairer
dataeast77
Please Continue...

Post by dataeast77 »

thanks :) i will check the voltages as i have a multimeter,do i check all around the board? i also need to pick up a logic probe asap!
VectorGlow
eBay: realflight

Post by VectorGlow »

General rule is to check the voltages at the furthest point from the edge connector.

Let us know how it goes. :)
Arcade game board repairer