JVS Sub PCB for Namco System 10?

PCB problems and fixes
subbie
Please Continue...

JVS Sub PCB for Namco System 10?

Post by subbie »

Hey,
Does anybody know anything about a JVS Sub PCB for Namco System 10 pcb? All the System 10 pcb I saw on yahoo never had one but recently I got Taiko no Tatsujin 1-5 which came with the service manuals. In the manual there is a JVS sub PCB on it that adds VGA & RCA Audio ports (usb isn't pictured).

If someone does know of this PCB, is it rare or common? Does it also add in JVS IO to the PCB?

-edit-
Picture time!
Namco System 246/256/357 Software List
******** Help Fill in the blanks *******
http://www.smalllinks.com/P60" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
neofrank

Re: JVS Sub PCB for Namco System 10?

Post by neofrank »

Dunno about rarity, but I got one with a driller G, I always look for them, when I a looking on YHJ for system 10 stuff....i will try to work up some photo's if you want, it does have usb, and two vga outs, havnt messed around to see if it outputs on both at the same time or what, but I was able to run it strictly jvs with it, opens up the jvs options in the system menu too...

*ADD
Remembered this pic from mameworld, http://smitdogg.mameworld.info/pics/pb3.jpg" It shows the pcb, but without any jvs stuff on it, I assume it is just used for gun inputs, but not sure.
subbie
Please Continue...

Post by subbie »

Bitchen!!

If you ever see one again for sale on yahoo please let me know. I really want to snag one (even if I have to rebuy a game). :awe:

I have a jamma cab that I have setup at work but at home my rig is strictly JVS and I want to get the Taiko no Tatsujin games working at home for my wife to play (she loves playing 9 & 11 that I have for 256).
subbie
Please Continue...

Post by subbie »

Time for a topic bump.

I kind of put this whole project on hold for a while since I still never found a full JVS EXIO for System10 but looking into it recently, I think I have it all wrong and don't need one (but if there is one or a way to convert an EXIO(S) to one would be great). I think what happens is on Drum Master there is a in between pcb that takes the Jamma pinout & the EX pinout and rewires it into a single harness. The manual gives me a pinout for the all in one harness but not the EXIO pinout, nor does it give a clear picture/info of the in between pcb. I have recently possibly tracked down a EXIO(S) pcb, looking to get it soon.

So any chance does someone know the EXIO pinout or even the System 11/12 Extended pinout. Both seem to to be the same number of pins and same power configuration (from what I can see in the pictures), so I have a hunch the other pins might have analog input to them (which Drum Master needs).

Few other notes:
1) Another reason for me to pick this back up again is I recently tracked down the PCB to SHAMISEN BROTHERS which is another musical game that uses Namco System 10 with a CD configuration. The game was done by an external studio but I think there is a good chance they licensed the Drum Master tech & engine from namco to build the game (what few shots are up online have a similar visual style).

2) I've noticed so far there is two types of EXIO PCBs (possibly more). EXIO(S) & EXIO(G), G is posted above and only has the EXT pinout, S has the pinout but also has VGA & RCA Audio ports (no JVS IO port though). I'm guessing there is maybe one more version that is a full JVS IO configuration but i've never seen one yet. =/
EazyE
Please Continue...

Post by EazyE »

subbie wrote:I'm guessing there is maybe one more version that is a full JVS IO configuration but i've never seen one yet. =/
Indeed. Saw one on eBay, but it had ended before I could buy. Anybody know where to get one? The not-full-JVS versions seem more common.
EazyE
Please Continue...

Post by EazyE »

Anyone know if Driller G supports 31k? It seriously looks as if it's supposed to be 480p. (looks kinda garbage in some areas as if the image is being scaled)
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

EazyE wrote:Anyone know if Driller G supports 31k? It seriously looks as if it's supposed to be 480p. (looks kinda garbage in some areas as if the image is being scaled)
Nope. It does support 480i though, and looks a whole lot better running like that than 240p.
EazyE
Please Continue...

Post by EazyE »

Good call on 480i. It's clearly what the game was designed for (which is strange). Unfortunately the image jitters violently in 480i on my Astro for about an hour before it becomes stable and playable.