Re: cp system dash boards (1.5 ) query

PCB problems and fixes
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

just a quick question guys ? is a sound issue normally hard to fix ?intermittent sound on cps 1.5 board !the q sound one's
Last edited by geotrig on November 4th, 2010, 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
Wurstkopp
Mister Dick Statue
eBay: nachmittagsprogramm
Initials: NIK

Re: cps 1.5 cps1 /2 sound query

Post by Wurstkopp »

If it's not a suicide battery-issue: Ask RetroRepair, he seems to have fixed the sound problems on my cps-mobo.
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

anyone have a picture of a cps1/2 boards with the sound section could really do with it ! thanks !

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
CPS2
Street Fighter

Post by CPS2 »

geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

alright i swear last question ! :awe:
The cps 1.5 boards (qsound games) is the main board the same as a cps1 main board or it that different ?

FrancoB
J+ member of the year finalist!
eBay: francosquashking
Initials: FRN

Post by FrancoB »

They are different mate as far as I know. The CPS1 have three tiers and the CPS1.5 have four.

I'll attach some pics of both boards if it helps.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

francob thats excellent ,thanks a mill mate ! it very hard get some pics of the boards of the net!

FrancoB

Post by FrancoB »

No problemo bud. If I can do anything else just let me know.

What are the questions about anyway, have you found a C&D with faulty sound or something?
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

FrancoB wrote:No problemo bud. If I can do anything else just let me know.

What are the questions about anyway, have you found a C&D with faulty sound or something?
yeah they've seem to have fixed the sound but it doesn't have any audio ports l and r ports,but from what i see its a original board ,just waiting on more detailed pics .i have seen another thats a bit dearer ,so really torn on which to buy !

i presume that the 3rd pic is cps1.5 C&D ?

FrancoB

Post by FrancoB »

Ahh I see.

Yeah it is my C&D. I would have thought that all Q-Sound boards would have had the RCA's?
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

Yeah , i'm just after remembering, i think saw a thread before that had an asian board and that was different than normall qsound systems! can't remember fully though ! and i think the cheaper one i'm looking at is the Asiaian version!

channelmaniac

Post by channelmaniac »

The CPS 1.5 systems have a similar A board to the non-Q-sound systems with a major exception: They have NO Z80 or other components of the sound subsystem and a different sound PAL. You can swap the boards if you have a dead CPS 1.5 A board if you check 1 thing and swap 1 chip.

First: Make sure the CPU clock speeds are the same. (Check the speeds on the crystal oscillators)

Second: Swap the sound PAL chip. It'll be the only PAL chip that is labeled differently between the 2 A boards.

RJ
I'm a cheap ****. I learned to repair things to save money... even surface mount soldering!

My repair logs have moved to here. Enjoy!
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

anyone ever see anyting like this, i notice the reflashed roms etc and the missing rca jacks !it looks like to me that its std cps1 maybe wrong it ,any idea's ?
DSC07901.JPG
on the rev screen it says asia 93..... whatever the codes are and no phenonix edt etc.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

FrancoB

Post by FrancoB »

It does look like CPS1.5 to me. It looks pretty much the same as mine apart from the missing RCA section and some of the ROMs seem to be in a different layout from what I can see. It's definitely not CPS1.
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

yeah well they reckon it was an original board !it a weird one alright ,i might just bite teh bullet and get this one!

geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

ok so after receivng this ! all works ok,the eproms have cd1m or whatever it is and are in sequence and seem legit! no idea what the extra ones are ,still though the main board still seems like a cps1 board ?maybe the main board did die and was replaced i need to take it apart soon and see ,the only other things that are out of place are the dip setting these are under the board :eh:

anyone know what the default setting are?

JAMMArob
Please Continue...

Post by JAMMArob »

Looks like it's missing the Q-Sound board.

The CPS Dash motherboard doesn't have an audio amp (which yours has), and the Z80 will be the "Kabuki" Z80. Also, the CPU is rated at 12 MHz, as opposed to 10.