Daytona 2 dip switch 4amp 838-13475 setting HELP !

PCB problems and fixes
ginodifagna
Please Continue...
eBay: mariobanchi

Daytona 2 dip switch 4amp 838-13475 setting HELP !

Post by ginodifagna »

ok
who has a daytona 2 cabinet can check the dip switch configuration for this amp ?
the daytona serviche schem from internet is wrong i think ...
jp1:10-11 on
jp2:2-7 on
but
jp1 has 10 jumper and 1p2 has 4 jumper :)

thank's
mario

Hello ,

I have an original driving cabinet Initial D from Sega. I added a sub woofer with low pass amp to the original 2 channel amplifier and all works fine, works fine also the rear speaker in parallele mode with front one ... but i can't regolate different levels ! so ....

Now I would like to use a 4 channel amp from Sega Daytona 2 for use different volume betwen front and rear. They are different in power input (14v daytona, 17v initial d) but I think it's not a problem ....

First I added to the original wiring of initial d the 3 cable for the third volume regolation, that were not present in the original cabinet.

DO SOMEONE KNOW HOW WORK THE DIP SWITCHS OF THIS BOARD ?? There are JP1 with 10 dip and JP2 with 4 dip.

I noticed that jp1 10 jp2 2 is mandatory for make work sub woofer right, and jp1 6 8 is needed to make work rear speakers.

Now I have problems with noise on rear speakers, (the noise stops if i invert the rear with the front speaker output from amp, but i think only because i have more distance from the speaker :))

I belive we can find a better setting of this dip switch to make all work perfectly !!!

thank's
mario
MVS: Baseball stars 2, Breakers Revenge, Ganryu, Irritating Maze, Last Blade 2, Matrimelee, Panic Bomber
ginodifagna
Please Continue...

Re: Daytona 2 dip switch 4amp 838-13475 setting HELP !

Post by ginodifagna »

up ! modded
MVS: Baseball stars 2, Breakers Revenge, Ganryu, Irritating Maze, Last Blade 2, Matrimelee, Panic Bomber
myuniversallove

Post by myuniversallove »

let me have a look on my daytona 2 dlx cab to see what it is ;)

but will be in another 2 weeks if you can wait or i am paging andy@AGS to this topic
andygeezer
Blue Skies Ahead
Initials: AGS

Post by andygeezer »

I can give you the jumper settings for 4 speakers + low pass out, which is used in Rally 2 and Daytona 2, but that requires 4 audio inputs.

It is possible to have two audio inputs and 4 audio outputs (basically the front/rear speakers output the same, but you'll have to-do trial and error to find out the jumpers), all sega cabs that had that fitted had 4 channel sound
Say hello to my little friend...
ginodifagna
Please Continue...

Post by ginodifagna »

andygeezer wrote:I can give you the jumper settings for 4 speakers + low pass out, which is used in Rally 2 and Daytona 2, but that requires 4 audio inputs.

It is possible to have two audio inputs and 4 audio outputs (basically the front/rear speakers output the same, but you'll have to-do trial and error to find out the jumpers), all sega cabs that had that fitted had 4 channel sound

thank's for replay !

mhhhhh are you sure ?? ;) in any case can you send me the original setting dipswitch of daytona 2 ?

i notice that original amplifier of initial d use the same CABLES of input of original daytona 2 (same input cn3 cn4)
if you see the original cable from naomi 2 in initial-d the 2 channel audio was split in 4 input like daytona, it has the same "audio" and not different sound but 4 channel (8 wires) arrive to initial d amplifier like daytona

i think is only the MIXER (the dipswitch configuration that works like low pass amp and mixer)

i trie differente configuration
with dip configuration i can have FRONT REAR controlled by pot or right left controlled by pot
i can have low audio frequencies in rear seat or low frequencies in front
but i need to find the solution for cut of low frequencies in rear speacker that makes many noise !!

thank's
mario
andygeezer
Blue Skies Ahead

Post by andygeezer »

ginodifagna wrote:
andygeezer wrote:I can give you the jumper settings for 4 speakers + low pass out, which is used in Rally 2 and Daytona 2, but that requires 4 audio inputs.

thank's for replay !

mhhhhh are you sure ?? ;) in any case can you send me the original setting dipswitch of daytona 2 ?

i notice that original amplifier of initial d use the same CABLES of input of original daytona 2 (same input cn3 cn4)
if you see the original cable from naomi 2 in initial-d the 2 channel audio was split in 4 input like daytona, it has the same "audio" and not different sound but 4 channel (8 wires) arrive to initial d amplifier like daytona

i think is only the MIXER (the dipswitch configuration that works like low pass amp and mixer)

i trie differente configuration
with dip configuration i can have FRONT REAR controlled by pot or right left controlled by pot
i can have low audio frequencies in rear seat or low frequencies in front
but i need to find the solution for cut of low frequencies in rear speacker that makes many noise !!

thank's
mario

The Amp in Initial D is half a quad amp, same PCB, just half the components are missing.. LOL
andygeezer
Blue Skies Ahead

Post by andygeezer »

Jumper settings

JP1:10,11 ON
JP2:2,3,4,5,6,7 ON

This means you have 3 volume pots, one for front, one for rear and one for woofer.
ginodifagna
Please Continue...

Post by ginodifagna »

thank's

but .. have you see the photo ??
jp2 has 4 dip
jp1 has 10 dip

so
how can i put jp2 on 5,6,7 ?? and jp1 11??
:D
andygeezer
Blue Skies Ahead

Post by andygeezer »

Odd I am going by the Sega Daytona 2 manual.

Arent the jumpers named:

JP2:2-7 ON
JP1:10-11 ON
outrun2
eBay: thefonzzz
Initials: GAZ

Post by outrun2 »

An old thread I know, but I'm trying to figure out why the sub-woofer in my Daytona 2 is not working. Since the 4ch amp, low pass amp and speaker are tested working in another cab I thought I'd double-check the jumpers, particularly as there seems to be some doubt about the accuracy of the Daytona 2 manual.

First of all there seems to be confusion about how the settings are actually stated. Sega uses this method:

JP1: 10-11 ON
JP2: 2-7 ON

This appears a little confusing at first because JP1 only has 10 'banks' and JP2 only has 4 'banks' so how can JP1: 11, for example, be populated?? Of course, the second number (10-11) refers to the paired pin on 'bank' 10 - the one the jumper connects to. So on a 10 'bank' strip, pin/bank 1 will be paired with pin 20 and pin/bank 10 will be paired with pin 11 as the numbers are assigned anti-clockwise. On a 4 bank strip, pin/bank 1 will be paired with pin 8 and pin/bank 4 with pin 5 - you get the idea..

This may be obvious to most, but this isn't printed on the pcb so has been known to cause confusion as I've read here and elsewhere ;)

A more simple way of stating the above would be this:

JP1: 10 ON
JP2: 2 ON

Anyway, the question here is this - are the jumper settings stated in the Daytona 2 manual correct as shown above? Anyone have a Daytona 2 twin that could double-check once and for all as I've been told this might be correct..

JP1: 9 ON
JP2: 2 ON

There are two volume pots on a Daytona 2 service panel (labelled Front and Rear) - the sub-woofer volume is linked to the Rear speakers.

===============

As an aside I have converted my initialD cab to run a sub-woofer (so Front speakers + Sub-woofer) and my OutRun2 cabs to have independently controllable Front, Rear and Sub-woofer volumes. The following settings are known working - it would be nice to get the full set of possible options in one place for Model 3 stuff as well (probably in a dedicated thread):

Front speakers only (2ch amp):
No jumpers required.

Front speakers + Sub-woofer (2ch amp):
JP1: 1, 4, 10 ON
JP2: 1 ON

Front speakers + Rear speakers + Sub-woofer (4ch amp):
JP1: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 10 ON
Wanted:
Sega Model 3 Emergency Call Ambulance ROM board or complete Step 2 boardset.
BigJohnnyM
Please Continue...

Post by BigJohnnyM »

I have had a 4CH amp & woofer setup in my dedicated OR2 for years now. Has always annoyed me that by adding the rear speakers in the seat it only duplicates the front pair, I want true separate audio for the rear speakers. So can a specific jumper setting on the amp provide 5.1 audio?

On a side note, Years ago I hooked up my PC sound system/sub to the Chihiro via SPDIF. That from memory gave true surround sound.
I remember Maximum Tune 2 sounding great.
outrun2

Post by outrun2 »

BigJohnnyM wrote:I have had a 4CH amp & woofer setup in my dedicated OR2 for years now. Has always annoyed me that by adding the rear speakers in the seat it only duplicates the front pair, I want true separate audio for the rear speakers. So can a specific jumper setting on the amp provide 5.1 audio?

On a side note, Years ago I hooked up my PC sound system/sub to the Chihiro via SPDIF. That from memory gave true surround sound.
I remember Maximum Tune 2 sounding great.
No specific jumper setting as far as I know for this - I don't think it's possible with the standard hardware.

However..

http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=19638

:think:
Wanted:
outrun2

Post by outrun2 »

Thought it might be worth adding some new information to this thread as I've just found out something interesting that I've not seen listed anywhere else..

There are two volume pots on a Daytona 2 service panel (labelled Front and Rear) - the sub-woofer volume is linked to the Rear speakers. This is kinda frustrating as the sub-woofer is barely noticeable unless the Rear volume pot is cranked right up.. in turn making the gullbox (Rear) speakers far too loud.

When I got my Daytona 2 twin I asked around if it was possible to add a third volume pot per side and get independent control of the Front/Rear/Woofer speakers in each cab, meaning the sub could be cranked up without being deafened by the gullbox speakers. Seemed it wasn't possible without messing up the sound mix (I tried my custom OR2 4.1 settings from above), there was even talk of wiring the third pot direct to the low pass amp, but this only served to adjust the sub volume within the limit set by the Rear volume pot - even more pointless! :problem:

Well, I refused to give up on this and revisited the jumpers as I thought the solution must lie there somehow.

It does :)

If you want three way independent volume control over Front/Rear/Woofer speakers in a Daytona 2 cab (not deluxe), simply wire a third 5K pot to CN2 on the 4ch amp (you'll see three pins spare) and set the jumpers as follows:

That's it - yep, move the jumper currently on JP2: 2 to JP2: 1 and you're away! Turns out that's what combines or separates the sub-woofer volume!

Anyway, hopefully someone will find this in future and it'll enhance their enjoyment of this fantastic game.

This was shot before adding the extra volume pots.. and new dash and seat decals :awe:

Wanted:
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

Good info, thanks!

For everyone without a Daytona 2 (like me :(), do you have a picture of the 4ch amp?
outrun2

Post by outrun2 »

nem wrote:Good info, thanks!

For everyone without a Daytona 2 (like me :(), do you have a picture of the 4ch amp?
It's the same as the standard 2ch amp found in initialD1/2/3, OR2, F355 etc., but fully populated..

Th 2ch amp looks much the same, but without the second heat sink and related components.
Wanted:
Hackcell
eBay: jaczeld
Initials: DJV

Post by Hackcell »

outrun2 wrote: February 3rd, 2018, 4:11 pm Thought it might be worth adding some new information to this thread as I've just found out something interesting that I've not seen listed anywhere else..

There are two volume pots on a Daytona 2 service panel (labelled Front and Rear) - the sub-woofer volume is linked to the Rear speakers. This is kinda frustrating as the sub-woofer is barely noticeable unless the Rear volume pot is cranked right up.. in turn making the gullbox (Rear) speakers far too loud.

When I got my Daytona 2 twin I asked around if it was possible to add a third volume pot per side and get independent control of the Front/Rear/Woofer speakers in each cab, meaning the sub could be cranked up without being deafened by the gullbox speakers. Seemed it wasn't possible without messing up the sound mix (I tried my custom OR2 4.1 settings from above), there was even talk of wiring the third pot direct to the low pass amp, but this only served to adjust the sub volume within the limit set by the Rear volume pot - even more pointless! :problem:

Well, I refused to give up on this and revisited the jumpers as I thought the solution must lie there somehow.

It does :)

If you want three way independent volume control over Front/Rear/Woofer speakers in a Daytona 2 cab (not deluxe), simply wire a third 5K pot to CN2 on the 4ch amp (you'll see three pins spare) and set the jumpers as follows:

That's it - yep, move the jumper currently on JP2: 2 to JP2: 1 and you're away! Turns out that's what combines or separates the sub-woofer volume!

Anyway, hopefully someone will find this in future and it'll enhance their enjoyment of this fantastic game.

This was shot before adding the extra volume pots.. and new dash and seat decals :awe:

[media]https://www.hasntfiguredouthowtoembedyo ... nEtUNTOQE8[/media]

Really good stuff!!! I'm planning in modding my Daytona 2 twin to add a bass 23V trafo, a bass amp instead of the low amp filter and a bass shaker. I hope it can be done.
meyerli
eBay: meyerli0
Initials: MAN

Post by meyerli »

How could I miss that. Thank you outrun2 :)

Added the potis yesterday to my Daytona 2 Twin. One is working fine, the second not yet but haven't been able to check in details. Maybe bad contact because of to much dust.

A difference I've noticed are my Jumper settings:
JP1: 10 ON
mickyc22
Please Continue...
eBay: mickyc22
Initials: mac

Post by mickyc22 »

long shot but i have just acquired one half of a Daytona 2 twin, it boots up but i have no sound im guessing this is because i dont have the coin box with the volume pots in. anyone know how i can wire them up without the coin box. many thanks.
meyerli
eBay: meyerli0
Initials: MAN

Post by meyerli »

Do you have any poti connected on amp (838-13475) on CN2?