eBay: uridium
Initials: DAD

Re: Taito Type X troubleshooting

Post by Stompp »

andygeezer wrote:
cyrus23 wrote:
Braintrash wrote:Thank you very much, you made my day. :mrgreen:
Hi,
Have you managed to find something with the rom dump?
The 901 error is caused only by the bad date/time from bios. I have chase hq2, king of jurassik and battle gear4 with same problem.

Thank you
901 is because the CMOS has been reset/cleared. Sadly this will render your games useless because the decryption key was also stored there.

Taito when questioned about it admitted it was a problem, but they said the cr2032 was good for 8-10years.

Amazing how many bg4s I've had to repair due to operators removing the cr2032!
So it might be a good idea to swap out the CMOS batteries in the X's and X2's..? Anything special I should consider before doing so?
rick101
Please Continue...

Post by rick101 »

tried to clone the hdd of my battle gear 4 and it did boot up but gave me ang error 906? does anyone know what is causing this error ?

So it might be a good idea to swap out the CMOS batteries in the X's and X2's..? Anything special I should consider before doing so?
how do you removed the cmos battery with out clearing the setting? its soldered to the board

thank you
Stompp
Please Continue...

Post by Stompp »

rick101 wrote:tried to clone the hdd of my battle gear 4 and it did boot up but gave me ang error 906? does anyone know what is causing this error ?

how do you removed the cmos battery with out clearing the setting? its soldered to the board

thank you
Not sure if the X/X2 has any cap's keeping the settings alive while swapping the battery or if you need an extra battery for keeping them on life support while swapping.
Coolshark
Please Continue...

Post by Coolshark »

Hi guys, I'm a newbe here! I do have a question for you, hope you can help...

I do have a Battle Gear 4 faulty hard drive (after an hour of uptime or so, the system goes to BSOD (and I can't tell you error code as characters are just f***d up... I tried cloning the hard drive on a new one but I got Error 906, same as:
rick101 wrote:tried to clone the hdd of my battle gear 4 and it did boot up but gave me ang error 906? does anyone know what is causing this error ?
Do you guys have an idea how to fix this? Should HD Clone RAW image fix this? As I understand from posts on this topic I must copy MBR, isn't it? (first xxx bytes on sector 0)

Thank you in advance and have a nice day.
andygeezer
Blue Skies Ahead
Initials: AGS

Post by andygeezer »

Coolshark wrote:Hi guys, I'm a newbe here! I do have a question for you, hope you can help...

I do have a Battle Gear 4 faulty hard drive (after an hour of uptime or so, the system goes to BSOD (and I can't tell you error code as characters are just f***d up... I tried cloning the hard drive on a new one but I got Error 906, same as:
Do you guys have an idea how to fix this? Should HD Clone RAW image fix this? As I understand from posts on this topic I must copy MBR, isn't it? (first xxx bytes on sector 0)

Thank you in advance and have a nice day.
Sounds like a Video card issue to me, HDD normally conk out straight away on boot (either invalid boot media, or BSOD) - never really does it boot, then crash.
Say hello to my little friend...
Coolshark
Please Continue...

Post by Coolshark »

andygeezer wrote:Sounds like a Video card issue to me, HDD normally conk out straight away on boot (either invalid boot media, or BSOD) - never really does it boot, then crash.
Hi Andy,

by looking at the motherboard I see 3 inflated capacitors just above the CPU socket (there's a 5x lane) so I do have to replace them all and test it again.

VGA seems to be working just fine in 3D mode, no stuttering or video artifacts, I'm gonna give it a ride on Furmark and see what happens...

I'm still looking a way to clone the drive, would you please PM me to discuss about?

Thank you very much in advance and thank you for time spend.

Bye
Fejcool31
Please Continue...

Post by Fejcool31 »

hi,
can anyone help me how to solve error 901 for the battle gear 4..i try to replace the cmos bat. but the bios have a password.

thanks
Stompp
Please Continue...

Post by Stompp »

901 means that the USB dongle isn't working :( I.e. wrong or damaged.
andygeezer
Blue Skies Ahead
Initials: AGS

Post by andygeezer »

Error 901 on battle gear 4, means security token held in cmos area has gone.

There is no fix, unless you get a hdd replacement with the security moved to the hdd.
Say hello to my little friend...
Stompp
Please Continue...

Post by Stompp »

andygeezer wrote:Error 901 on battle gear 4, means security token held in cmos area has gone.

There is no fix, unless you get a hdd replacement with the security moved to the hdd.
Ah true. The BG4 doesn't have a dongle :oops: