Hyper Bishi Bashi Champ: Software for english/3 players WTD

PCB problems and fixes
8bit1up
Please Continue...
eBay: 8bit_1up
Initials: MRK

Re: Hyper Bishi Bashi Champ: Software for english/3 players WTD

Post by 8bit1up »

Luigi wrote: April 13th, 2010, 8:05 pm Hi everybody.

I'm from Germany and I'm running a gameroom in a hall that my mate Dirk bought for his business. By now we have ~45 videocabs (most dedicated) and some pins. I'm gonna give you the link to my gallery if you wish. We had some nice parties with the german (and foreign) arcade friends :)

OK, why am I here?

We have a Hyper Bishi Bashi Champ that stopped working last year: error msg. "Hardware unmatched". I did some searching and a guy from UK told us it might be the RTC battery. It took a while but we could replace the whole thing. But there still was the err msg.

Meanwhile I have bought another HBBC-board from asia that arrived last week. It was a complete System573-unit with CD-ROM, the game-cd inside and the security cart. It runs very well, but it's japanese and two players only. The cab/game we have is english and for three players. I tried to exchange between both systems but it didn't help. Finally I put the new security cart into the old board and attached the CD-ROM to it. After switching DIP4 it booted from the CD and asked if I would like to re-flash the game ROMs. We thought "well, what could happen except we have two japanese games for two players" and flashed the ROMs. Now it works...make a guess....in japanese and for two players only.

Worse: I contacted a guy from the Mame-Dev if there is a CHD available for that system. He told me that if we wouldn't have reporogrammed the gameboard he would have been able to desolder the ROMs from the board and dump the game code....what has never been done before!!! :shock:

So, this part is lost :cry:

But I won't give up. There MUST be a CD in the world to re-install the english version for three players. I contacted the guy again who said it might be the RTC battery. He know people from Konami and he will try to get the proper CD for our cab.

In case he might not be successfull (damn, can it be that hard to find that??)...does anybody have this game or would be able to get such a CD or image??

Would be great!! :)

Thanks for reading....
Thank god I've found someone who has some information about the english version of Hyper Bishi Bashi Champ. I have a board that has the same 'Hardware Unmatched' error. I found this cab in a barn in Wales and brought it over to Bristol were I'm hoping to put it in a retro arcade I help run. I'm more than happy to dump the roms to help others.

Get in touch so we can formulate a plan to preserve the roms and get both of our machines up and running with the original hardware.
Luigi
Please Continue...

Post by Luigi »

Hi :-)

Glad I remembered my password...I kind of retired from Arcade since my mate needed the place, so we had to sell most of the machines :(

But the ROMs are available meanwhile. I didn't update this post, but I shipped two boards (our non-worker and a working one we bought) to one of the MAME devs in Australia. He dumped the ROMs and created a CHD-file which has to be burned to a new RTC chip.

If you are member of UKVAC, there should be more info about it. I'm not into electronics at all so I am not able to help any further here ...sorry :oops:

Good luck with the repair.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

I suggest getting the roms dumped in any case. It could be a different version.

You would have to send the motherboard to someone to do this.