SEGA Ringedge HDD questions

PCB problems and fixes
ilLoco
eBay: none
Initials: Lok

SEGA Ringedge HDD questions

Post by ilLoco »

Hello, I hope it is ok to ask here, but I can`t find any good explanations with google, so it seems I have no other option, I hope someone here can help?
I saw an offer on ebay for SEGA Rally 3 a while ago- an Europa R game. I really have tons of originals, so for me, it would be ok to have 1,2 „other“ games, and I don´t have more place for more arcades anyway so: Do there really exist working versions of Sega Rally -& GRID-, running with JVS Type 3 (On google I saw versions running with a special JVS I can´t buy anywhere, so a common JVS is important)? I only have originals, so I really have no plan of these things, I googled a bit and found things like teknoparrot, but it seems all there is for PC, not for Ringedge? I hope someone can guide me a bit,gratefull for any help.
My Initial D is unsused for over 6 months now, new games would be extremly welcome.
Cheers, Frank.
kazuo

Re: SEGA Ringedge HDD questions

Post by kazuo »

Bootleg talk is generally frowned upon on the forums, but, yes, there is a Ringedge/wide multi game HDD that you can find somewhere online. You can probably also add whatever games you can find from the Teknoparrot releases and they should (?) work, provided you have the right I/O devices.

Good luck!