Asayuki's logic comparator

PCB problems and fixes
Asayuki
Please Continue...

Asayuki's logic comparator

Post by Asayuki »

Hello fellow otakus,
after some testing I am finally willing to release all documentation to my logic comparator board, including schematics, part list and probe wiring diagrams.
The file is already available on our wiki here: http://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/images/c/c6 ... arator.pdf.
I hope this can and will be useful to the community. :)

If you would like to have one as well, please state it here and let's evaluate the following options together.
Please understand that I wish this to be available to the community as cheap as possible, but I do not have the time or resources for a complete production run including parts procurement, assembly and production of the associated probes/cables.

Option 1: If only a few people are interested, I might produce a small batch of empty PCBs which you will then be able to easily populate on your own with your own parts. The price of the empty PCB in this case will depend on the amount of units to print, plus shipment. The boards will be printed in europe at the same factory I used for the prototype (therefore they will be identical to mine). The amount of money I wish to earn should cover up 3 fourth of the prototyping costs I already sustained; no more than that (hey, I want it cheap as well!).

Option 2: If anybody of you who owns an arcade shop is willing to take the burden to make the entire assembled tool available to the community as a service for a reasonable price (not much more than what printing, assembling and cabling in the far east would cost), I am also willing to release gerber files in exchange for my prototyping costs or for price-equivalent arcade gear.

Option 3: feel free to route, print, assemble and wire up your own prototype as I did.

As usual, comments, questions and constructive criticism are welcome.
Sharing is caring.

Cheers from Germany! :D
My 15kHz cabinet Peplos will never power up, with any item, and I am quite proud of that.
RMRM

Re: Asayuki's logic comparator

Post by RMRM »

Wow. Another impressive job, congrats pal! :slowclap:

This tool is a little bit out of my league, but i'm sure it will be very important for people with a little bit more knowledge in the repairing area, and i really hope someone find a reliable way to produce this in a considerable scale.

Out of curiosity, any idea about a ballpark price?
Asayuki
Please Continue...

Post by Asayuki »

RMRM wrote:Out of curiosity, any idea about a ballpark price?
For very low quantities (like assembling your own), ordering components by Digikey and PCBs in europe, the whole thing with 4 probes costs around 170 euros and you still have to assemble it manually. The most expensive parts are the ZIF socket and the IC clips which are in the range of 18-25 euros each. I personally spent around 200 euros for the whole prototyping phase.
Producing in the far east is whole different story, expecially if the factory is allowed to replace most of the components with locally sourced parts. It really depends on the quantities, therefore it's difficult to make an estimation, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the whole assembled unit inclusive of all probes available for a very attractive price.
My 15kHz cabinet Peplos will never power up, with any item, and I am quite proud of that.
amuservice
Please Continue...
Initials: wog

Post by amuservice »

hi was googling and I seen you post . About logic comparator I got a fat after reading it, will done on the work . I keen on getting two pcb's ,if you print them.
If not can you send me the file of the board and will can them printed and dilled. Also tell me how $$$$ and I send payment. Well done on the time for coming up with it. thank's :D :D :D
Asayuki
Please Continue...

Post by Asayuki »

amuservice wrote:hi was googling and I seen you post . About logic comparator I got a fat after reading it, will done on the work . I keen on getting two pcb's ,if you print them.
If not can you send me the file of the board and will can them printed and dilled. Also tell me how $$$$ and I send payment. Well done on the time for coming up with it. thank's :D :D :D
There has been close to no demand for my tool; it is therefore not worth it to print even a very small batch.
Yet, the PCB is not critical. You can just as well use through-hole components and wire-wrap the circuit yourself. It will be more fun and probably even cheaper.
Part list and schematics are included in the pdf, so there should be nothing else you need in order to get started.
I wish you brilliant results with it. :)
GeekMan1222
Please Continue...
eBay: geekman2005

Post by GeekMan1222 »

This is really great beyond my expertise at the moment for sure :D
1x New Astro City, 1x Madonna, 1x G-Balance
ShootTheCore
eBay: danielladner
Initials: dsl

Post by ShootTheCore »

I just found out about this logic comparator and read the PDF on it. It sounds outstanding - fantastic work on developing it Asayuki. I'm dismayed that there was no demand for PCBs, but I'll look into wire-wrapping one of my own. It would be great if we could even order our own boards to be produced through OSH Park.

EDIT: Inside the PDF, Step 2 of using the Comparator says: "The jumpers are reconfigured based on the type of reference IC loaded into the ZIF, according to the on-board instructions."

Where are the jumper instructions?
Braintrash
Please Continue...
eBay: yuu_madrigal

Post by Braintrash »

I am greatly interested and would love to be able to print my own PCB.
Plan to publish the gerber files?
Last edited by Braintrash on February 9th, 2018, 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
frsj8112
eBay: frsj8112

Post by frsj8112 »

I have the HP 10529 but i would like to have this as well. interested in a bare board if someone makes it :)
Dave11674
Please Continue...
eBay: 2010JD2010
Initials: DTR

Post by Dave11674 »

Hi guys

Id like to produce a run of these pcb’s if i could get the pcb files ?

The pcbs i have to have a certain ammount made
So if i can get the pcb files for the printing machine or one to copy i will get pcb’s printed up

The remainder of pcbs ill give away to otaku members free
You just cover postage

Im based in the uk.

How does that sound

Thanks

Dave
ShootTheCore
eBay: danielladner
Initials: dsl

Post by ShootTheCore »

If you can get some PCBs made Dave, I'd happily purchase one from you for cost + shipping.
Dave11674
Please Continue...
eBay: 2010JD2010
Initials: DTR

Post by Dave11674 »

Hopefully the main man will share his pcb files

Thanks

Dave
Braintrash
Please Continue...
eBay: yuu_madrigal

Post by Braintrash »

Asayuki wrote: January 16th, 2017, 11:22 pm I am also willing to release gerber files in exchange for my prototyping costs or for price-equivalent arcade gear.
He won't.
Arcadero
Please Continue...
eBay: RETROLOVERSGUN
Initials: I.

Post by Arcadero »

hI from spain.

due to danm coronavirus i have time to repair some boards, i would like to purchase a complete unit please.
snake13
Please Continue...
eBay: oscarsnake13@yahoo.com
Initials: OAP

Post by snake13 »

Hola buenas
queria saber donde esta disponible la lista de componentes o el esquematico de este proyecto ya que vivo en colombia y me gustaria uno pero en la compra me saldria bastante caro

se podria ?
Neox666x
Please Continue...
eBay: Neox666x

Post by Neox666x »

Hi

Need one if this please pm

Thx
Neox666x
genzoh
eBay: cperino2@yahoo.it
Initials: CLA

Post by genzoh »

Hi Asayuki, I just read the documentation for your logic comparator and I like it very much.
It's a brilliant tool and I think it's better than buying an old one.
I'd be interested in buying 3 pcb's. Please pm me, thank you.
---------------------------
He can't run or jump and his power sucks but his attack strenght is incredible....
mark6974
Please Continue...
eBay: marco6974
Initials: MC

Post by mark6974 »

hi folks, can someone tell me how to buy a logic comparator from Asayuki?
yosai
Windy City
eBay: yosai

Post by yosai »

mark6974 wrote: February 24th, 2022, 8:47 am hi folks, can someone tell me how to buy a logic comparator from Asayuki?
You could try messaging but they haven't been online here or arcadeprojects since 2019.
mark6974
Please Continue...
eBay: marco6974
Initials: MC

Post by mark6974 »

I noticed it hasn't connected in a long time, it seemed like a good project