Please help out a new TTX3 owner!

PCB problems and fixes
toquill
Please Continue...
eBay: dontoquillicious

Please help out a new TTX3 owner!

Post by toquill »

Hi there! I'm very new to this scene, so prepare for what is probably going to be a cringe fest.

I've taken a jump into the deep end by buying a Type X3 on Ebay to throw into a DIY cab, and rather than dig through various threads, I thought I could just ask a couple of questions in my own.

What I bought: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/194064139478

1) Originally assumed this listing would come with a Fast/IO PCB due to the description but unfortunately it didn't (I guess it was vague enough and could've meant it was compatible, my bad) - any recommendation on which PCB would be best?
2) As I'm in the UK, would I need to get a stepdown converter before powering it on? Not using a dedicated PSU or anything, the cabinet prior to this was essentially just a PC and a monitor plugged into an extension lead.
3) Any other tips for a noob?

cheers in advance!
nem
Needs a custom rank

Re: Please help out a new TTX3 owner!

Post by nem »

Well, you overpaid for it. It's just a regular TTX3 with a decrypted SF5 image running on a SSD.

It doesn't come with a IO. You will want to pair it up with a Taito Vewlix Fast IO, as some of the other Fast IOs don't support all six buttons IIRC. You need a 12VDC PSU to power the IO.

I think you need the Nesica card reader too, but maybe the game has been modified to not require it. Not sure.

The TTX3 is multivoltage, so you can just plug it in as is.

You need to wire up your controls to the IO and make your own wiring harnesses.

So yeah, definitely some things you need to get / make, but certainly not impossible.
toquill
Please Continue...
eBay: dontoquillicious

Re: Please help out a new TTX3 owner!

Post by toquill »

nem wrote: July 23rd, 2021, 3:06 pm Well, you overpaid for it. It's just a regular TTX3 with a decrypted SF5 image running on a SSD.

It doesn't come with a IO. You will want to pair it up with a Taito Vewlix Fast IO, as some of the other Fast IOs don't support all six buttons IIRC. You need a 12VDC PSU to power the IO.

I think you need the Nesica card reader too, but maybe the game has been modified to not require it. Not sure.

The TTX3 is multivoltage, so you can just plug it in as is.

You need to wire up your controls to the IO and make your own wiring harnesses.

So yeah, definitely some things you need to get / make, but certainly not impossible.

Appreciate the help! Rushed into this a bit but I'll try and do what I can.

Plan on using Artax Multi so Nesica reader shouldn't be an issue. Now to find a Fast IO and figure out how to make a harness!