CPS2 default sound level issue

PCB problems and fixes
Neo'nate
eBay: fleebay
Initials: NJP

CPS2 default sound level issue

Post by Neo'nate »

Hi guys, I've asked this question before but thought I'd query again!

Its been explained to me that if a CPS2 A&B board are sat idle for some time between uses it'll revert back to its default sound setting irrespective of whatever you've altered it to either in menu or using the external sound buttons. But the problem is the A board I have defaults back to full volume! So it's not like it reverts back to a mid volume level, meaning you have to open the cab up, open the menus or adjust the sound manually each time before either your ears or the speakers explode. Now when I say "sat idle" I dont mean a year between plays either, sometimes it might happen after a couple of days, sometimes a week. I know arcade boards are designed to be on for swathes of time, yet still a few days idle shouldn't cause this? So is there a fault with my board? Can the default settings be changed in any way (I guess not)? Does anyone else experience this?

Keep your eye out for a WTB CPS2 A board soon :awe:

Cheers . . .
suicider
Please Continue...
eBay: suicidekiller

Re: CPS2 default sound level issue

Post by suicider »

My boards default back to zero volume after a while so it might be an issue with your board indeed.
Neo'nate
eBay: fleebay
Initials: NJP

Post by Neo'nate »

So you have the opposite problem! :lol:

Wheres the quality control!? :awe:

Anyone else?
Grinning Cat
eBay: N/A

Post by Grinning Cat »

I'm no expert, but isn't this issue related to the super cap in the A board? Probably need to replace that.
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Post by zak »

Grinning Cat wrote: October 9th, 2019, 4:31 pm I'm no expert, but isn't this issue related to the super cap in the A board? Probably need to replace that.
Last guy who had this issue fixed it by replacing the super cap.