Game Artwork Scans?

Coin-operated games and arcades.
RetroRepair

Game Artwork Scans?

Post by RetroRepair »

I have been looking around for artwork to add to my cab when I get it and cant find much.

Is there an archive anywhere for this? I want artwork that is able to be added to japanese cabinets like move strips etc.
yosai
Windy City
eBay: yosai

Re: Game Artwork Scans?

Post by yosai »

What game(s) are you after or just something that looks nice?
RetroRepair

Post by RetroRepair »

Shmups mainly but some Street Fighter (3 and 4) games would be nice too. Looking for Mushihimesama Futari, Espgaluda 2, Death Smiles, Raiden IV etc.

Looking around at whats out there, not that theres much, it's all for American/European cabs.
yosai
Windy City
eBay: yosai

Post by yosai »

The SF4 move strips are/were on the official Capcom site. There is a link in the SF4 thread somewhere.

Third strike move strips were on www.localarcade.com before it went down, I'm sure someone must have them still.

Don't know if the newer Cave games have been scanned but all the older ones, Ibara and before, are on http://www.world-of-arcades.net/
RetroRepair

Post by RetroRepair »

Yeah they seem to be all but the ones I want on world of arcades haha

I'll look for the SF4 stuffs thanks
calium
Please Continue...
eBay: nbcrew

Post by calium »

http://www.world-of-arcades.net/Cave/cave.htm for cave artworks. but no death smiles there... i got some time ago the normal and mbl artworks from someone here, but don't ask me where i have those now... i think it was the member "chi" i got those from but not sure... too long ago
Insert Coin
RetroRepair

Post by RetroRepair »

Really :(

I'll give him a shout, maybe he still has them someplace.
dieKatze88

Post by dieKatze88 »

Http://www.katzepower.com/Arcade

I've scanned most of what I have.
I stream myself playing Otomedius when I get bored
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/otomedius" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Genjuro
eBay: kibagami_genjuro
Initials: vin

Post by Genjuro »

Where abouts do you guys go to get this stuff printed out? I'd like to have some copy artwork and flyers done but have no idea where to go.
jonny5
Tremendous Woody

Post by jonny5 »

i get it done at kinkos....printed on card stock(thick like business cards) you can do a full color marquee for like 2 bux(canadian)....i did one for guwange last weekend...looks amazing 8-)
on the loose
GaijinPunch
gay men guy

Post by GaijinPunch »

http://www.gamengai.com"

Instruction cards & flyers. Not sure if it's print quality.
calium
Please Continue...

Post by calium »

Where are there flyers?
Insert Coin
Jodo
eBay: space_harrier
Initials: PHL

Post by Jodo »

calium wrote:http://www.world-of-arcades.net/Cave/cave.htm for cave artworks.
+1 for this link! Thanks so much - *exactly* what I was looking for.

Question please: Does anyone know the exact sizes of the Progear instruction header and move strip for printing purposes?

Thanks in advance,

Phil.
RetroRepair

Post by RetroRepair »

Just print without scaling it's the right size.
GaijinPunch wrote:http://www.gamengai.com

Instruction cards & flyers. Not sure if it's print quality.
Sadly not quite :(
GaijinPunch
gay men guy

Post by GaijinPunch »

calium wrote:Where are there flyers?
Flyers->Arcade (the menu bar at the top)
Question please: Does anyone know the exact sizes of the Progear instruction header and move strip for printing purposes?
The instruction sheet is A4. Not sure about the other one
Sadly not quite
What's print quality exactly? I've resized them there to "fit" in the screen... and also bandwidth issues. I can probably sort out a few though.
calium
Please Continue...

Post by calium »

death smiles + MBL hires scans

all credits go to chi!

http://rapidshare.com/files/369224160/D ... L.doc.html"
Insert Coin
calium
Please Continue...

Post by calium »

thx gaijin but those are useless (for me). if you need flyers go to arcadeflyers.com and get what you need, for example the cave-flyers, in a much bigger resultion.
Insert Coin
RetroRepair

Post by RetroRepair »

Print quality is 300dpi. Whatever the resolution was when you scanned it, if you printed that again it'd come out the same size as the original (without scaling/cropping on).

When you resize the image it will lose DPI to the point of being unsuitable for print again.

You can use jpg to compress your original files however and still maintain a good image quality, check the files on world of arcades, some are a huge 4000x2000 resolution but only a few megabytes and still 300dpi.

If you right click on the image in windows and look at the detail tab, you will see the dpi there.

Move strips would be nice too :D
GaijinPunch
gay men guy

Post by GaijinPunch »

calium wrote:thx gaijin but those are useless (for me).
The flyers are? Might I ask why?
if you need flyers go to arcadeflyers.com and get what you need, for example the cave-flyers, in a much bigger resultion.
I admit some of my scans aren't awesome, but I think I've gotten rid of any that are color corrected and for the ones I've deemed "worth it" I've Photoshopped out any blaring creases. As arcadeflyers.com has tons of stuff, seemingly from an array of sources, there's an unfortunate array of quality.
Print quality is 300dpi.
I was actually more interested in what's the lowest acceptable print quality. This is what I save just about everything in (PNG) but obviously don't just stick everything up there, mainly due to bandwidth.
You think a flyer at 300 DPI is big? Try a B1 poster.
Move strips would be nice too
Gotta draw the line somewhere. The main purpose of the site isn't for downloads, but for viewing. So, I kind of decided to not bother with move strips from the get go. Almost all of them require mending two photos together, and my plate is already quite full.
RetroRepair

Post by RetroRepair »

Print quality is 300dpi.
I was actually more interested in what's the lowest acceptable print quality. This is what I save just about everything in (PNG) but obviously don't just stick everything up there, mainly due to bandwidth.
You think a flyer at 300 DPI is big? Try a B1 poster.
Move strips would be nice too
Gotta draw the line somewhere. The main purpose of the site isn't for downloads, but for viewing. So, I kind of decided to not bother with move strips from the get go. Almost all of them require mending two photos together, and my plate is already quite full.
300DPI is the generally accepted print standard, 240DPI is acceptable by some. It's like MP3s, some swear by 320kbps at the minimum (which I agree by) but most are fine with 128kbps.

A B1 poster would be quite large, though you wouldn't want to skimp on quality if you were intending to print it again, at that size you'd definitely want to go with 300, it'd be pretty noticable.

That's cool if you just put them there to view, it's good of you to do so, but you linked to them asking if they were good enough to print and they weren't. If I were to print your Contra marquee for example it'd come out at 3x5cm.