DDP DOJ - Help?

Coin-operated games and arcades.
Xenepp

DDP DOJ - Help?

Post by Xenepp »

This game is KICKING MY ****. :shock:

DDP was tough but I could go the distance, this one is just all kinds of ****.

No bomb or player bonus? Hyper makes the game HARDER?? :o

There's gotta be something I'm missing here, I can get about 12m on a really good day and no further than 3-1.

-Joel
Xenepp

Re: DDP DOJ - Help?

Post by Xenepp »

It is a great game, just have to get the patterns memorized I guess.

I just watched a video where the guy got my best score halfway through the first stage :awe:

Chaining pay off WAY more than DDP!

-Joel
Xenepp

Post by Xenepp »

Same here. I just can't figure out how going from laser on a large enemy instantly to shot to kill a nearby small enemy depletes your chain gauge right away sometimes and keeps it going others.

I'll just keep at it I suppose.

-Joel
Xenepp

Post by Xenepp »

That first video is at least the same player, maybe not the same video though. His tactics are identical.

Notice how he manages to rack up three hypers by the end too. I didn't realise there was a way to get them from the boss too. When I kill those side bits I just get stars.

-Joel
sven666
eBay: sven-666
Initials: JNX

Post by sven666 »

haha jpj sux :lol:

love this game, ill go back to it soon i think, never did get the 1CC on black label :evil:
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

Its nuts. Cave games usually ramp the difficulty up around stage 4. DOJ seems to have stage 3 missing :lol: Love it to bits though. It does improve on DDP so much, the music is awesome too. This was the game that got me into Cave. Before PS2 DOJ came out I had DP/DDP on Saturn but they were lost amongst other classics such as Garagga, Batsugun, Layer Section. I had no idea Cave had been churning out arcade-only awesomeness in between.
charlie chong

Post by charlie chong »

I can't get chaining in this game either for some reason at all. i got to level 5 distance wise once but my scoar is totally **** . if i could chain level 1 past 210 hits then mebbes i could get a bit further score wise.
Kaede
Please Continue...

Post by Kaede »

I've gotten almost to the end of 1-4 on this game (PS2 port) but my score was garbage. :x

Have to say I love everything about it but I just can't face doing 'another Ikaruga' and memorising so much stuff. I kind of realised after Ika, the effort I put in to learning the game could have been spent learning something much more worthwhile...I dread to think how long it would take me to learn this. :oops: :cry: