Recommendations for cabs

Coin-operated games and arcades.
Adrick
eBay: *adrick*"
Initials: Agm

Recommendations for cabs

Post by Adrick »

Hi, I was thinking of selling my nnc although I have with a lot of extras to make it perfect, I see it is a constant headache ,I have it with jamma and jvs but if I want to mount a Pandora box with more current games like Tekken 5 or dreamcast games I will need a rescaler ?

Also if I want to put a cleaner system like jammafier+ a1 it emits little voltage so some boards do not work well.In the end I see an unnecessary waste of money just to play a Pandora dx original plates and Naomi. :oops:

I thought about buying a taito vewlix or a namco noir how do you see it. How are they, the size I think it is silimar, at the level of nivel emulation and play pacas jamma original which is better of the two, What are their prices?

Thanks adri :)
nem
Needs a custom rank

Re: Recommendations for cabs

Post by nem »

You already have the best cab for the job.

Is the monitor original? The Tosh PF is trisync and has connectors for both low and high impedance video.
arcnl

Post by arcnl »

Agreed, dont get rid of the nnc. If you go lcd you might as well get a good oled and an arcade stick. A lot cheaper than those new cabs and much better quality.
Adrick
eBay: *adrick*"
Initials: Agm

Post by Adrick »

nem wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 9:35 am You already have the best cab for the job.

Is the monitor original? The Tosh PF is trisync and has connectors for both low and high impedance video.
If it is original works very well but I despair a little ,more than the restoration is to put for example a Pandora box with newer games 3d As I was told that these monitors do not support new resolutions and can be burned,I have the restoration halfway all the original parts even panel and stickers or marquee Ect.., I thought to put it on the forum to finish the restoration, the jamma comb do not know whether to remove it and put a jammafier with A1. But I think that if I remove the jamma comb with very lbigs pbcs the jammafier will not work. It has a jvs+jamma Capcom io+Naomi 2 nedimm combo.I have the Naomi 1 to mount with the dimm as well.

That's why I thought about a more modern machine although if I could find a way to get the monitor to support new resolutions I'd think about it...I am new to electronics, so I will need some advice.
arcnl wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 11:43 am Agreed, dont get rid of the nnc. If you go lcd you might as well get a good oled and an arcade stick. A lot cheaper than those new cabs and much better quality.
I That's what I've been thinking because in the end I'm going to spend the same on a modern machine as on finishing the restoration. How are the taito vewlix? Are they all metal ?I think they are available for about 1000€.