Same Game… Different Cab

Coin-operated games and arcades.
ChrisBEANS
moneyspendingexpert.com
eBay: chrismartinlewis
Initials: BNS

Same Game… Different Cab

Post by ChrisBEANS »

Just wondered if you guys had a similar experience with preferring one cab over another for particular games?

I’ve got a U4 and a big Electrocoin MVS stand up euro style cab.

I’m pretty decent at Metal Slug and I love playing it on the Electrocoin. I’ve customised the sticks (JLFs) pretty heavily and they’ve got 4lb springs and aluminium bat tops, and the game feels great and natural on that bloody great big cab.
When I play it on the U4 I don’t do as well, and conspicuously I don’t enjoy playing as much.

However, SHMUPs on the U4 are great fun! I love sting down to the cab for a bash on Strikers Plus.

Do any of you have similar experiences where you just don’t click with a game on a particular cab for whatever reason?
Ddshot
eBay: Camp-dea

Re: Same Game… Different Cab

Post by Ddshot »

Yeah I’ve had that,I think the geometry/ergonomics of the cab like monitor angle,controler heights etc do have a impact,for example I enjoy sitting at the blast more than the Astro,it’s kinda hard to explain but I’m sure most people have had the same kinda thing
phillv85
Please Continue...
Initials: PAV

Post by phillv85 »

Yea it's definitely a thing. I don't like the way my Blast monitor looks when vertical in 15k. I find it really hard to play shooters on it, I can't even tell you why.
Moonwalker
eBay: Glmorgenstern
Initials: TOA

Post by Moonwalker »

I know the issue. Some games look much better on my NACs, while others look better on my NNCs.
Sunder
eBay: sunderaj82
Initials: SUN

Post by Sunder »

Shmups on a lower angle monitor is the way to go. Kind of like on a Pony Mark II. Also I don't know why it's just insanely nostalgic for me. Possibly due to all the older japanese cabs we had growing up.
Fighting games though monitors need to be as erect as possible.