Final Vendetta MVS

Coin-operated games and arcades.
Monstermug
eBay: Monstermug
Initials: SON

Re: Final Vendetta MVS

Post by Monstermug »

jase wrote: December 1st, 2022, 10:59 am I've heard that pre-orders for the AES and MVS versions will open very soon. :)
Is the pre order opened yet? How soon is soon?
jase

Post by jase »

One of the developers told me pre-orders were opening very soon, but no exact date was given.
kazuo

Post by kazuo »

I'm starting to think the MVS version is vaporware.
arcnl

Post by arcnl »

Why do you think that? In the same tweets they said they have a lot on their plate at the moment so i'm guessing it will be a few weeks before pre orders open, and not expecting the game itself until months and months after. Seems like a big undertaking to release a game like that on neo
ChrisBEANS
moneyspendingexpert.com
eBay: chrismartinlewis
Initials: BNS

Post by ChrisBEANS »

I’m more than happy to wait post order, but childishly I’m quite excited to preorder and see what comes with it (OST, shock box, mini marquee etc?).

It’s fun to be excited!
jase

Post by jase »

Well apparently they've got several projects on the go at the moment, and it's taking a bit longer than expected to get the pre-order page up, but it should be happening soon. 😀
arcnl

Post by arcnl »

If you've followed the xeno crisis release you see that they seem to get a bit optimistic or enthusiastic about dates, but they eventually do deliver some quality releases. I thought their writeups about the technical issues in for example the neo geo sound issues were impressive.
ChrisBEANS
moneyspendingexpert.com

Post by ChrisBEANS »

arcnl wrote: January 15th, 2023, 11:49 am If you've followed the xeno crisis release you see that they seem to get a bit optimistic or enthusiastic about dates, but they eventually do deliver some quality releases. I thought their writeups about the technical issues in for example the neo geo sound issues were impressive.
Got a link? I’d be interested to have a butchers
arcnl

Post by arcnl »

I think most is in their kickstarter updates, i found them really interesting to read
jimmerd
eBay: jimma-d
Initials: jmd

Post by jimmerd »

In interviews they have confirmed four projects in active development.

Final Vendetta (Neo Geo)
'a well known franchise reboot' :think: (TBA)
Xeno Crisis 2 (Mega Drive)
Battle Axe (Neo Geo)
"Please contact the local attendant"
ChrisBEANS
moneyspendingexpert.com

Post by ChrisBEANS »

Xeno Crisis 2?! On a Mega Drive?!

I’m very much in
ChrisBEANS
moneyspendingexpert.com

Post by ChrisBEANS »

I messaged on Twitter to ask if they had a release date in mind, and was told “very soon now”
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

I forgot about this , Would like to get the mvs but fairly dead **** broke these days ! :D :lol:

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
Grinning Cat
eBay: N/A

Post by Grinning Cat »

Yeah, doubt I'll have the money to pre-order this on day one, at this rate...then again, this seems to have been ready to go up for pre-order 'any day now' since about September/October. So, if it takes another six months, I might actually have more time to save than I think!
arcnl

Post by arcnl »

They do seem to have an optimistic view of their deadlines, but eventually they do come up with a quality product. I'm enjoying final vendetta a lot, and i'm curious how the conversion of widescreen to 4:3 will go.
As a side note, i've been enjoying a lot of the modern brawlers lately but for some variation i loaded up final fight on the mister last week. Oh my, i never noticed before but it really hasn't aged very well and plays very clunky.
Grinning Cat

Post by Grinning Cat »

Deadline trolling aside, I definitely don’t mean to sound down on the developers (far from it, in fact). I’ve already put about 25+ hours into Final Vendetta - and have already double-dipped on Steam and PS5. Maybe there’s come recency bias at play (although that would be kind of ironic) – but I honestly think it’s quite possibly a better game than any arcade brawler I own/have owned (!). And apart from The Punisher, I like to think I’ve owned almost all the best ones (at least at some stage).

I agree to a large extent, though, re Final Fight. I’ve owned it numerous times (and nearly rebought it again recently). Although given how little I played it last time I owned it, it probably would’ve remained mainly on a shelf :oops: I guess it's one of those 'feels like it should be in my collection, but I don't especially want to play it much' kind of games :lol:

I actually don’t really think any of the CPS1 brawlers have held up amazingly well, by modern standards. Maybe Captain Commando has held up slightly better than the rest? CPS1.5 stuff (especially Cadillacs) all feel vastly better.
arcnl

Post by arcnl »

It's a personal taste thing but for cps1 i think i still enjoy Knights of the round.
Regarding final vendetta i'm currently playing survival, stuck on 175ish
ChrisBEANS
moneyspendingexpert.com

Post by ChrisBEANS »

Agreed on Final Fight! I’ve always thought it was overrated.

Vendetta and Revenge of Death Adder are where it’s at for arcade brawlers, and Streets of Rage II still holds the title for best brawler ever.

Final Vendetta sits quite comfortably among the notable brawlers.
Not quite as good as Streets of Rage 4, for me, but still a bloody great game none the less…
Grinning Cat

Post by Grinning Cat »

arcnl wrote: March 15th, 2023, 8:37 pm Regarding final vendetta i'm currently playing survival, stuck on 175ish
I think I got up to about 226 or maybe 236? On my laptop now - and one minor annoyance, is Final Vendetta seems to keep track of scores locally on Steam (even though I can see all my achievements on any device).

Where I’m failing miserably, is getting the 1cc with Miller on Hard (needed to unlock Ultra mode). I can clear it no problem with Duke or Claire on Hard (sometimes with 8-9 lives left). But I’m completely awful with Miller. That said, I’m generally terrible at any brawler with the slowest/strongest characters...
ChrisBEANS wrote: March 16th, 2023, 2:45 am Vendetta and Revenge of Death Adder are where it’s at for arcade brawlers, and Streets of Rage II still holds the title for best brawler ever.

Final Vendetta sits quite comfortably among the notable brawlers.
Not quite as good as Streets of Rage 4, for me, but still a bloody great game none the less…
Revenge of Death Adder is definitely well up there (at least on the proviso it’s the Japanese version).

That said – and bring on the personal vendettas :lol: - but I probably only rate Vendetta marginally above Final Fight :oops: Violent Storm and (Japanese) Metamorphic Force will always be far and away Konami’s best, for me :awe:

If we’re widening it to console brawlers, though, Streets of Rage 2 may well be the greatest ever! I know it technically had a Mega Play release...but it still feels kind of a cheat calling it an arcade game. It’s a bit hard for me to be objective about it, though...as I have far more nostalgia for SOR2 than probably any brawler. But it does just feel near-perfect, in almost every respect.

Streets of Rage 4 is a weird one. I’ve sunk a decent amount of time into it – which I clearly wouldn’t have done if I didn’t like it. But there’s something about it that leaves me slightly cold. It’s difficult to exactly pinpoint...

I always felt it was much too long (not helped by the fact that I think you had to play through Story mode before you even unlocked Arcade mode). The music was also slightly meh – other than Stage 9/Rising Up (which is absolutely awesome!). Probably my biggest criticism is it just felt nothing like Streets of Rage...
ChurchOfSolipsism
eBay: knowledge-is-power-arm-yoursel

Post by ChurchOfSolipsism »

I think it looks great. They should stick it in an arcade cabinet :awe: